Having trouble Restoring

Patrick

Sep 17, 2009, 11:53:13 AM9/17/09
to iBaReS
Hi,
I am having a bit of a problem with Restore.
I bought an iphone 3Gs, jailbroke it, and used your software to back
it up. This all went just fine.
A couple of days ago the iPhone died on me so Apple gave me a new one.
I proceeded to jail break it and went and restored it but it gave the
following error : "Mkdir AppleScript Error /Library/Themes File exist
(1)". When I hit ok it sits there for hours with the progress bar not
progressing. After several hours I killed it and tried to do it again
this time with "Update" off but got the same error. I used Fugu take a
look and see if the directory exist. I am not real familiar with the
symbols used but there was an arrow (which I think is for a link)
beside /Library/Themes. When I click on it I get the error "Couldn't
canonicalise: No such file or directory".
The mail problem now is that I now can't make or receive any calls (No
signal bars)!
I would like to resynic with itunes but it will want to install 3.1
which means I won't be able to jailbreak it.
I am not sure what to do. I was hoping if I could get through the
restore all would be good. Right now it is in a partial customized
state.

Any Help would be much appreciated!

Patrick W.

KerryXEX

Sep 18, 2009, 6:00:46 AM9/18/09
to iBaReS
Hi Patrick,

sorry for the messup. Which version of iBaReS do you use? The latest
one should not have this problem with the Themes directory anymore.

However, the main problem now seems, that there's the link pointing to
nowhere. So best, just delete this link "/Library/Themes" and let
iBaReS then restore again.

But under no circumstances this has any influence on your cellular
reception or phone function!
Does your mobile provider name show up next to the (missing) signal
bars?

And connection to iTunes should also not be a problem. iTunes will ASK
to update to 3.1 but you can just ignore that or have it "dowload
only" without installing 3.1

Hope, I could help.
Cheers
Kerry.

Scolastic Staner

Nov 10, 2009, 10:32:32 PM11/10/09
to iBaReS
Hi Kerry,

I am having the same issue with the "Mkdir AppleScript Error /Library/
Themes File exist
(1)" error. I use Cyberduck and went in to delete the file but it
comes back if I restart and try to restore with iBaRes.

Do you have a fix around this? The backup was successful, it was the
restore that was giving this error.

Regards

On Sep 18, 5:00 pm, KerryXEX <ke...@kerry.de> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> sorry for the messup.  Which version of iBaReS do you use? The latest
> one should not have this problem with the Themes directory anymore.
>
> However, the main problem now seems, that there's the link pointing to
> nowhere. So best, just delete this link "/Library/Themes" and let
> iBaReS then restore again.
>
> But under no circumstances this has any influence on your cellular
> reception or phone function!
> Does your mobile provider name show up next to the (missing) signal
> bars?
>
> And connection to iTunes should also not be a problem. iTunes will ASK
> to update to 3.1 but you can just ignore that or have it "dowload
> only" without installing 3.1
>
> Hope, I could help.
> Cheers
> Kerry.
>
> On Sep 17, 5:53 pm, Patrick <jedi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am having a bit of a problem with Restore.
> > I bought an iphone 3Gs, jailbroke it, and used your software to back
> > it up. This all went just fine.
> > A couple of days ago the iPhone died on me so Apple gave me a new one.
> > I proceeded to jail break it and went and restored it but it gave the
> > following error : "MkdirAppleScript Error  /Library/Themes File exist

VidiotGeek

Nov 28, 2009, 5:12:32 AM11/28/09
to iBaReS
Hello folks,

I am having the exact same issue here. I also deleted the /Library/
Themes link using Cyberduck before trying a restore with iBaReS &
cannot get it to go anywhere. I've had a hell of a time re-
jailbreaking & restoring everything after upgrading to 3.1.2 & I had
hoped the backup I made with iBaReS would have been the easy part.
Anyone know how to fix this problem?

On Nov 10, 10:32 pm, Scolastic Staner <scolastic560...@gmail.com>

VidiotGeek

Nov 28, 2009, 8:29:06 AM11/28/09
to iBaReS
More info:

After trying to do a restore with iBaReS & looking at (root)/Library
in Cyberduck, I noticed that the Ringtones, Themes & Walpaper folders
were broken. I went to Cydia on the phone & reinstalled the Base
Structure package & this fixed the Ringtones & Wallpaper directories,
but not Themes. Themes may be a directory you only have if you've
installed a theme with Cydia or Icy, I don't know. I've simply deleted
the broken link for this folder for now. A new restore attempt with
iBaReS breaks these folders again, so the problem must be when the
restore begins to overwrite directories.

Can anyone tell me exactly where iBaReS places the files when you do a
standard backup? I am wondering if it is possible to remove the
'Themes' directory in the backup so it does not try to restore it.
After using Blackra1n to jailbreak my new firmware & fighting for more
hours than I care to mention attempting to get the phone back to where
I had it when using the previous firmware, I am missing all the
ringtones & wallpapers I had on my device, including the Apple
supplied standards. AptBackup was a huge help in getting most of my
jailbreak packages reinstalled but I am still missing some things. If
I knew where iBaReS places it's files, I hope to be able to restore
some of them manually with Cyberduck.

One other thing, maybe unrelated but I'm hoping someone here can
explain it to me. Before this most upgrade fiasco, when I logged into
the phone as root using ssh, it took me to the ACTUAL root directory
in Terminal or Cyberduck. Now upon login, it defaults to "/private/var/
root". Does anyone know or can anyone explain why this is & how to
revert it back to the old behavior?

Many thanks, all around.