managing multiple backups of i-Devices such as iPodTouch, iPad and iPhone?

klaus

Aug 5, 2010, 11:36:09 AM8/5/10
to iBaReS
iBaRes is the best bakup/recover tool i found so far, so i want to
manage backups for all my i-Devices which are an iPodTouch, iPad and
iPhone.

can iBares handle that?
where do i find the backed up files?
what to do if i ran into the RSA key generate loop? (typ.happens after
iOS updates by iTunes)

are there any plans for new features of iBaRes? a real "bare metal
restore" would be great :-)

best regards,
Klaus

Kerry

Aug 6, 2010, 4:08:48 AM8/6/10
to iBaReS
Hi Klaus,

currently there's no multiple device support built into the standard
backup/restore (files are stored under your user ~/Library/iBackup/
data)
However, you can always perform an individual backup where you will
receive an archive (zip) of the backup which then you can put and name
wherever you want (and use those zips for individual restores later).

The ominous RSA key loop (which really isn't anything about key
generation but another problem with the redirected directories that
cydia creates) I need to look into again with the new 4.0 versions
now... I could never really detect what exactly the error causes, so I
need to rework that issue.

Thank you for your compassion!

Cheers
Kerry.