Introductions

Paul Damhuis

May 21, 2008, 5:51:48 PM5/21/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I am just recovering from a bit of flu but expect to be back at
strength next week, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Regular
rides start next week Tuesday and I think we may be starting some
morning rides too.

I see there are some new subscribers, how about a round of
introductions.

Name: Paul Damhuis
Homebase: Jhb North
Longest ride: 120km
Best Ride: Mikes Pass
Worst Ride: Belfast to Dullstroom (dehydration)
Bike/s: Mongoose teocali, Giant Rincon

Update with your info and add anything you like.

/Paul

Gary

May 22, 2008, 1:19:38 AM5/22/08
to ibanzi
Hi All

I haven't got flu - I've just been bl00dy slack lately!!

Name: Gary Chomse
Homebase: Jhb North
Longest ride: 105km (long ago!); 55km recently
Best Ride: All rides with not too many hills!
Worst Ride: All rides with lots of hills!
Bike/s: Scott Aspect 10 (hardtail)

I'm so keen to start riding regularly on Tues and Thurs again and some
morning rides sound good as well.

Gary

Joe Maritz (JJ)

May 22, 2008, 2:20:01 AM5/22/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am Joe.

Name: Joe Maritz
Homebase: Jhb North
Longest ride: 128km
Best Ride: Majuba Classic
Worst Ride: None.
Bike/s: Marin Rift Zone - Marin Bobcat trail.

Joe.

Hi All

/Paul

This e-mail is subject to the Telkom SA electronic communication legal notice, available at :
http://www.telkom.co.za/TelkomEMailLegalNotice.PDF

Rob

May 30, 2008, 8:06:42 AM5/30/08
to ibanzi
Hi All

I am new to this group, and will definitly make a plan to join you
guys in the afternoons.

Name: Robin Hogg
Homebase: Northriding
Longest ride: 60km
Best Ride: (MTB) Emperors Palace
Best Ride: (Road) Bela Bela
Bike/s: Raleigh RM 5.0 (Hardtail), Raleigh RC3000

Look forward to meeting you guys. Will make a plan for next Tuesday

Cheers
Rob

Mark Stockton

May 30, 2008, 8:57:42 AM5/30/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

As a newbie I'd like to introduce myself.

Name: Mark Stockton
Homebase: Douglasdale
Longest ride: +-50km MTB 80km Road
Best Ride: (MTB) Last Babbas Race
Best Ride: (Road) Wilro
Worst Ride: (MTB) First Babbas in December
Worst Ride: (Road) Chubb Challenge in Meyerton, the wind was a killer!!!
Bike/s: Cannondale F1000SL (Hardtail), Diamondback Apex (Hardeverything)

Not to sure when I'll get to ride with you guy's as I work in City Deep and
only get to Olivedale after 5. Possibly on a weekend?

Regards

Mark

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's
limits."
-- Albert Einstein

> ------- End of Original Message -------

Paul Damhuis

May 30, 2008, 11:28:02 AM5/30/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Mark

Book an appointment with a customer in the afternoon and make sure he
cancels :)

Weekends we ride with trailriding.co.za also a very social group with
the emphasis on having fun.

Regards
Paul

Paul Damhuis

May 30, 2008, 11:29:44 AM5/30/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Rob

We look forward to seeing you on the trail

/Paul

Leon Jacobs

May 31, 2008, 2:49:18 AM5/31/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com

Hi all

I’m new here and just got back into mtb a few months ago. During the week is tricky but will join you guys on weekends.

Name: Leon Jacobs

Homebase: Bloubosrand

Longest ride: 69km (a looong time ago!) Recently, 35km

Best Ride: Van Gaalen’s

Worst Ride: Self-made route around Kyalami. Valve tore, had no spare tube and no phone. Walked 13km home. You learn your lessons!

Bike/s: Giant Rincon

May 31, 2008, 10:03:24 AM5/31/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Paul,

However I am the resident geek, they keep me very far away from customers.

Leon Jacobs

May 31, 2008, 4:24:09 PM5/31/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com

Oh, I know! Was there last weekend and it was raining. Brought back half the trail on my bike.

Fiona Kent

Jun 1, 2008, 1:18:07 PM6/1/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

As the first girl to reply, let me introduce myself

Also fairly new to MTB

Name : Fiona Kent
Homebase: Northwold
Longest Ride : 40 Km Sabie
Best Ride : 40km Sabie and Trail riding on weekends.
Worst Ride : Spruit after 2 punctures and a small fall off the see-saw.
Bike: Marin(yes thats all it is)

--- On Sat, 31/5/08, Leon Jacobs <leo...@iburst.co.za> wrote:

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.

Paul Damhuis

Jun 11, 2008, 2:44:09 AM6/11/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fiona

Welcome to online, hopefully the fall has not put you off.

Fiona Kent

Jun 15, 2008, 8:03:11 AM6/15/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
hi paul

yip, in still very much into it. except for the fact that my bike broke yesterday - the derailer snapped off - think it is time for a new bike.

wil see u guys soon on next trail riding ride.

Fiona Kent
Email: fion...@yahoo.com
Cell: 083 724 2462