Introductions

Sue Fortina

Jun 2, 2008, 2:54:17 AM6/2/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Sue here – since Fiona broke the ice for us girls I thought I’d come forward. I’ve had my bike for a year but since I hardly get a chance to get out and ride I still consider myself “new to MTB”. I’m hoping that a) some time or other I’ll be able to get away early from work or and b) you’ll do a nice easy ride that’s not too scary for me.

Yes, I’ve done Van Gaalen’s in the wet, with Trailriders. I got a full body workout carrying my bike up and down the slippery slopes and won a prize for being the slowest rider – but what a nice bunch of guys!

Sue Fortina, PMP

Blue Platinum

Mobile: +27 83 286 7798

Land line: +27 11 317-3820

Fax: +27 11 317-3821

E-mail: s...@blueplatinum.co.za

Web-site: www.blueplatinum.co.za

Checked by AVG.

Paul Damhuis

Jun 11, 2008, 2:45:54 AM6/11/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Sue

Weekday rides seem to be a bit scarce at the moment, I think the
weather is not helping.

Keep an eye on trail-riding and we have some beginner rides.

Regards
Paul

Leon Jacobs

Jun 11, 2008, 3:59:32 AM6/11/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com

On that note. Anyone riding this afternoon?

Paul Damhuis

Jun 11, 2008, 5:27:17 AM6/11/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Oddly enough we are

The plan started out to ride the spruit at 12:30

It may well become Golden Harvest at 2:00

Anyone keen to join let me know , I dont feel like working today.

/Paul

Leon Jacobs

Jun 11, 2008, 6:12:58 AM6/11/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com

I’m keen! Please let me know which it will be. Need to still do some maintenance on my bike

Paul Damhuis

Jun 11, 2008, 6:22:58 AM6/11/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Meeting 2:00 at Olivedale Woolies ride through Golden Harvest and
further if the mood takes us.

/Paul

Cinnabar Consulting

Jun 11, 2008, 6:49:37 AM6/11/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
What - are you guys just trying to make the rest of us jealous who has to
work for a living <g>
Anel

/Paul

> > > Hi, Sue here - since Fiona broke the ice for us girls I thought

> I'd
> > > come forward. I've had my bike for a year but since I hardly get a
> > > chance to get out and ride I still consider myself "new to MTB".
> I'm
> > > hoping that a) some time or other I'll be able to get away early
> > > from work or and b) you'll do a nice easy ride that's not too
> scary
> > > for me.
> > >
> > > Yes, I've done Van Gaalen's in the wet, with Trailriders. I got a
> > > full body workout carrying my bike up and down the slippery slopes

> > > and won a prize for being the slowest rider - but what a nice

Sue Fortina

Jun 11, 2008, 6:56:48 AM6/11/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Yeah! Aroooooo!!!

/Paul

Checked by AVG.

Checked by AVG.

Paul Damhuis

Jun 11, 2008, 7:42:40 AM6/11/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Well enjoy your work, we are off for a ride :)

/Paul

Paul Damhuis

Jun 11, 2008, 1:43:09 PM6/11/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com
Well Leon, Myself and Joe headed off this afternoon for a ride, I have
been off the bike for two weeks with flu and Joe for longer. Leon was
Strong. The intention was to go up to Golden Harvest, do a lap then
ride up to Honeydew to Westrand cycles then down to Grandslam Diner
and back to Olivedale Woolies a round trip of about 25 kays.

This was not to be.

One flat tyre and one unfixable puncture (separate bikes) later we
were only halfway through Golden Harvest. It was fun though we did
both dropoffs and to make up for the puncture Joe treated us to a Coke
at MickyD's at the Dome. I feel better fo having gone for an outing
and am pleased to announce that no bits fell off my bike after I
rebuilt it this week.

/Paul