microformats

Christian Wittern

Dec 6, 2008, 3:07:54 AM12/6/08
to iba...@googlegroups.com, vlad.a...@ocaw.ac.jp
Hi there,

At the PNC conference, following Joeys presentation, we had a discussion
about microformats. Now, I went to check again and found that I got it quite
wrong: microformats at microformats.org do not use namespaces and are in
trouble because of that. There is some discussion about this issue at
http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/2006/10/rdfa-and-microformats.html and
elsewhere. So what we do want to do with
is not a valid microformat. But since microformats are broken, this does
not really matter. However, as Mark Birbeck suggests in the blog post
quoted above, one also could want to consider RDFa. I will have to give
this some more thought.

All the best,

Christian