From the BeZine: Call for submissions

IAWE

May 2, 2022, 4:59:24 PM5/2/22
to IAWE' via Members_IAWE, Googlegroup
This just in from our member Michael Dickel:

The BeZine online quarterly journal invites submissions of poetry, fiction, prose, art, video or music (Soundcloud or video) for the June Issue.

Theme Waging Peace: balancing personal & global crises & needs

Open for submissions now through May 15, 2022

What do we mean by waging peace and can we face the other cracks in the world while struggling with our own inner and outer turmoil? Populism, nationalism, and fascism seem to breed on divisiveness globally, using fear to build national, regional, and global power, pushing competition over cooperation. Stress, ptsd, micro-aggressions, personal conflict engage similar issues personally to assert personal power. So, how do we work together to help each other find inner peace and to wage peace globally? How do we share resources that help individuals and also build peace, rather than manipulate, exploit (horde, deplete)? How do we wage peace collectively while also facing-off against pandemic, climate crisis, economic inequity, and personal challenges / issues?
  • NOTE: We expect submissions will focus on the Russian invasion of Ukraine. However, we invite you to also consider the Ukraine war in larger contexts, in more focused work related to individuals, or to submit work in relation to the many other conflicts throughout the world.
  • We especially invite creative work from people living in or displaced by one of the current wars in the world.

Full guidelines of what to send and where to send it (email address): https://thebezine.com/about/submission-guidelines/

Do not email me; do use the email address in the guidelines.

--
Michael Dickel, Editor, The BeZine | Submission Guidelines

Forwarded by
Israel Association of Writers in English (IAWE)

P.O. Box 39385
6139301 Tel Aviv

The IAWE publishes an annual literary journal, arc,
and a quarterly newsletter, aChord.

--
Announcements about projects that are associated with the IAWE are explicitly presented as such. Other announcements are relayed for your information only; the IAWE bears no responsibility for such announcements nor for the projects that they announce.