Change set default camera to another camera - how do I do it?

DaveTaylor BBUSL

May 27, 2015, 5:10:50 AM5/27/15
to iauditor...@googlegroups.com
I am running iAuditor on an Android tablet.
I have set the default camera to the android camera.
I wish to now change the default camera to another (any) camera. How do I do this?

more info:
iAuditor version 2.7.11 (378)
Tablet = Gigaset QV830 tablet (no 3G) running android 4.2.2
in particular I want to use the app "Say Cheese" as this camera prints its own GPS coordinates onto the actual photo and the GPS does not rely on Google maps. This means that I can capture the GPS location of the picture on an iauditor .pdf report. I have tested it and the app works if called from inside iAuditor.

Josh Yeamans

May 27, 2015, 9:18:24 AM5/27/15
to iauditor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

Thanky ou for your questions.

The default camera is always the back of the device camera. However, you can switch from the back to the front by following the steps indicated int he images below.

Step 1:

Step 2:

If you have any other questions, please contact us at sup...@safetyculture.io

Kind regards,

Josh Yeamans
Head of Support

DaveTaylor BBUSL

Jun 1, 2015, 8:11:04 AM6/1/15
to iauditor...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info, but it is not the answer to my question.
My question was not how to switch between  a front and a back camera.
My question is:
How do I cancel the "Use Always" camera App setting (in iAuditor) so that I can choose a different Camera App to take photos inside iAuditor?

A fuller explanation of my problem follows:-

background process which led to my question:
1 I wished to add a photo to a report.
2 I clicked on the "Media" .
3 I clicked  "Take Photo"
4 This brought up on screen the camera apps installed
5 I clicked on one of the camera Apps installed on my tablet.
6 I clicked on "Always" use this camera.
Now when I wish to take another photo in another report (or elsewhere in the same report)  the camera automatically defaults to the camera App that I selected above. This is as expected.
But
If I want to use a different Camera App (= software,  not a different physical camera) there is no option screen or setting to allow me to remove the "Always" setting or override it
I cannot access the options pop-up screen used in (4-6) above.
I cannot find any setting inside iAuditor to change the camera app or remove the default camera setting.
If I delete and reinstall iAuditor the app continues to default to the camera chosen before I deleted the app!
Message has been deleted

DaveTaylor BBUSL

Jun 12, 2015, 6:58:59 AM6/12/15
to iauditor...@googlegroups.com
Found a solution for android : use the Google app Default App Manager Lite   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appiator.defaultappmanager. This will remove the default camera setting and all cameras will show.
Caution: It may be global reset across all applications.k