[Announcement] Closing this Google Group and migrating content to the IATI Discuss forums

Dale Potter

Jun 19, 2015, 9:51:36 AM6/19/15
to iati-te...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

The IATI tech team have been taking time to reflect on the ways in which we communicate with you and how you can best communicate with other colleagues in the IATI community.

Currently, we have:

We would like to propose moving towards the Discuss forums as the central location for IATI conversations. This will bring all conversations and the community onto one site, hopefully enabling improved visibility of technical and non-technical discussions as well as facilitating better interactions between new and existing IATI enthusiasts. As you’ll see from the site, Discuss presents threads in a more visual format and is powered by open-source software.

Disabling this Google Group

We propose disabling this Google Group on Friday 26th June 2015. This will prevent new members joining and also prevent new messages from being posted.

In the short-term, existing content will continue to be available for viewing using the online URLs of the group.

Archiving the forums on the IATI support site

At the point that the Google Group is disabled, the IATI tech team will download all existing threads and messages.  This will be added to a new ‘Google Group archive’ sub-forum on Discuss.

Moving to Discuss

For those who have not yet joined the Discuss forum, it takes just a few minutes to sign-up using a traditional email/password combination, or you can use an existing Google, Twitter, Yahoo or GitHub account to login. Visit the Discuss homepage to join, and look for the blue ‘Sign up’ button in the top righthand corner.

One of the main benefits of Google groups is the notifications to inbox feature. There are a variety of email notification settings available on Discuss, from per topic notifications to daily, weekly or fortnightly digests, so we hope that you will continue to enjoy the same functionality of a Google Group with the added benefits that Discuss brings.

If you have any views on this forthcoming change, please do let us know by emailing me on dale....@devinit.org.

I look forward to seeing you on the IATI Discuss forum very soon.

With best wishes,

Dale Potter

Dale Potter I IATI Developer

Development Initiatives, North Quay House, Quay Side, Temple Back, Bristol, BS1 6FL, UK

Switchboard:  +44 (0) 1179 272 505  I  Mobile: 07983 923 307  I  Skype:  dale.potter.devinit.org  I  Email: dale....@devinit.org  I  Web:  www.devinit.org

Newsletter sign up here

Untitled2

Development Initiatives is committed to ending poverty by 2030

 icona    iconb

Development Initiatives is the trading name of DI International Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No. 05802543.  Development Initiatives Poverty Research is the not-for-profit partner of DI International Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No. 06368740. Registered office: North Quay House, Quay Side, Temple Back, Bristol, BS1 6FL, UK.

DISCLAIMER: This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Development Initiatives.  If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify the sender.