Re: Digest for iassist-sigdc@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 2 Topics

Libbie Stephenson

Dec 3, 2012, 6:08:48 PM12/3/12
to iassis...@googlegroups.com
I thought of the same thing Amy! ... and I thought I could talk about how it relates to the OAIS model so I give them more theory than applied, but in this case I think it is a good thing.
best, libbie

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM, <iassis...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/iassist-sigdc/topics

    Amy West <west...@umn.edu> Dec 03 11:45AM -0600

    What about using the Colectica Excel Addin? I admit, I haven't had a chance
    to play with it yet, but Excel should be nice and familiar and that might
    be a way to ease into the concepts...

    --
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
    enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright

    Amy West
    Librarian for Data Services, Economics and Psychology
    https://www.lib.umn.edu/about/staff/amy-west
    IASSIST Archivist: http://www.iassistdata.org/

    "Mooney, Hailey" <moo...@mail.lib.msu.edu> Dec 03 02:31PM

    Hello SIGDC members,

    As mentioned at our meeting recently, I had the opportunity to attend a Zotero train-the-trainer workshop given by Sebastian Karcher last week. I brought up the issue of adding a "dataset" item type to Zotero. I learned that this is already under development in response to community suggestions. There is still work to be done, for example correcting issues with sync processes. They are also working on this for other new item types, such as music scores. Zotero expects to roll out new item types as part of its next major version update (it cannot be done as a smaller patch), which has a loose ballpark figure of approximately six months from now, everything going according to plan. They are basing the record fields on the DataCite metadata schema. The dataset item type is already included in the Citation Style Language (CSL) coding that Zotero relies on to format citations.

    Sincerely,
    Hailey
    ---
    Hailey Mooney
    Data Services and Reference Librarian
    Liaison to Human Development & Family Studies, Social Work, Sociology
    Michigan State University Libraries
    366 W. Circle Drive
    East Lansing, MI 48824
    517-884-0857
    moo...@msu.edu<mailto:moo...@msu.edu>
    http://staff.lib.msu.edu/mooneyh/

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group iassist-sigdc.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

--
Libbie Stephenson
Distinguished Librarian

"Be single-minded. Love what you are doing and make it the centerpiece of your life." Donald Cram

Amy West

Dec 4, 2012, 1:22:41 PM12/4/12
to iassis...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious to hear how it works. The download file was *.exe, so I'm assuming it's Windows only. Having so much trouble with my laptop at the moment, I'm not opening my Windows emulator unless absolutely necessary...