library instruction module on citing data

Katherine McNeill

Apr 24, 2014, 12:55:12 PM4/24/14
to iassis...@googlegroups.com

Hi fellow SIGDC members,

At the meeting in Cologne, you’ll recall that one of our goals was sharing instructional  material, and that I said this might fit into a project that I was doing at work anyway.  Well, I have completed my project and want to share my result.

I have just created a short (~5 minute) instructional module  on citing data, for other librarians at my university to plug into library/information literacy/research methods instruction as appropriate (in PPT, attached). Again, it’s not a whole presentation, but a series of slides that could be incorporated onto presentations on other topics.

I would be happy for others to re-use it.  I think we had discussed having a place for things like this to live (not just in people’s email inboxes), but don’t think we’ve yet set something up (can’t do everything); at the moment not sure that I want it so public as to go on our public site: http://www.iassistdata.org/community/data-citation-ig/data-citation-resources.  If/when we have another place, I’m happy to put it there.

So, for now, feel free to re-use (I made it CC BY-NC)—either yourself or by doing the same thing that I am, passing it onto colleagues at your institutions for them to use as a module.  And please let me know if you have any feedback/suggestions ongoing.

Sincerely,

Kate McNeill

Apr 25, 2014, 8:22:38 AM4/25/14
to iassis...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Kate!
RR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Robin Rice
Data Librarian
EDINA and Data Library
University of Edinburgh

R.R...@ed.ac.uk
@sparrowbarley (twitter)
Home: http://www.ed.ac.uk/is/data-library
RDM blog: http://datablog.is.ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.