Fwd: Re: Citation of Datasets

Robin Rice

Apr 26, 2013, 10:50:49 AM4/26/13
to IASSIST SIGDC
Hi,

IASSIST SIGDC is getting mentioned in a thread about data citation. You may be interested in some of the links below.
cheers,
RR

Apr 29, 2013, 9:06:07 AM4/29/13
to iassis...@googlegroups.com

Hey, folks, I suggested Valerie McCutcheon take a look at our brochure.  One thing, I suggested the ICPSR link because the brochure linked from  the IASSIST page seemed to be taking a really long time to load (http://iassistdata.org/sites/default/files/iassist-data-citation-quick-guide.pdf).  It seems to be okay now, but I wonder if we might want to add another link to it from the Resources page?  When I went looking for it for Valerie, the brochure was really hard to find, even knowing it was there.  And we do have a link for the group under Resources but where it says the group, “… maintains a page of Data Citation Resources,” that list doesn’t include our brochure.  It looks to me like I could add a new entry but not edit the existing list.  Seems like our own brochure should head the list.

Michele

Elizabeth Moss

Apr 29, 2013, 9:53:36 AM4/29/13
to iassis...@googlegroups.com
Hi, All:
Thanks, Michele, for the suggestion. I've updated the Resources list to include the Guide at the top.

Thanks, Robin, for pointing out the thread and the possible links for our Resources page. I'll be adding them this week. If anyone else knows of data citation resources to add, please feel free to forward them to me so I can post them as well.
Thanks,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Moss
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research
University of Michigan
P.O. Box 1248
330 Packard Street
Ann Arbor, MI  48104