Reminder: March 15 meeting -- Green Technology: Why Architecture Matters

George Fairbanks

Mar 12, 2010, 12:26:25 PM3/12/10
to iasa-...@googlegroups.com
Just a friendly reminder that today is the last day to RSVP for this
event! Please let us know if you are coming so that we can get the
right amount of food.

----

Hello IASA Denver!

March 15th meeting details:

Green Technology: Why Architecture Matters

Green Architecture is a system approach focused on efficiency and
sustainability to minimize environmental impact and optimize resource
utilization. The fascinating aspect of green architecture is that
America is a pioneer in this space. We create systems to work in extreme
conditions with limited resources. Think space exploration, satellites
and southwest water management. Creating elegant, sustainable
architecture is foundational for the smart grid, bio-fuels production
and hybrid energy/renewable generation. In this talk we�ll examine why
hardware, software, process design, information models and leading edge
science all meet in the green tech domain and how it will help us meet
our growing future demand.

Speaker: Kevin Geminiuc

Kevin Geminiuc is a technology veteran and currently works as principal
enterprise architect leading Kaiser Permanante�s SOA architecture and
integration strategy. His career focus has covered power design
engineering, electronics design and system & enterprise consulting. His
work experience includes public safety wireless systems in Scandinavia,
power transformer design for Canadian power utilities and HL7 Group
Healthcare Standards. He is the co-founder of the Colorado Green
Technology meetup that has grown to a membership of over 2000
ecopreneurs making it one the largest greentech meetups in the world.
Colorado Green Tech is a monthly networking and presentation forum for
entrepreneurs and green start-ups in Boulder, Colorado.

When: Monday, March 15th, 2010 at 5:30pm
Where: Statera (6501 E. Belleview Avenue, Suite 300, Englewood CO)
Cost: Free -- but you must RSVP to eve...@iasadenver.org no later than
Friday March 12 so we can properly estimate our catering.
Full details: http://www.iasahome.org

Schedule:
5:30pm-6pm: Networking and dinner. Announcements.
6pm: Green Technology: Why Architecture Matters - Kevin Geminiuc
7:10pm: Break and networking
7:20pm: Discussion about Green Technology
8:30pm: Drinks at Baker St Pub (Ulster at DTC) (first round on IASA
Denver!)