The Cavalry Digest - September, 2020

Beau Woods

Sep 24, 2020, 8:40:27 PM9/24/20
to iamthe...@googlegroups.com

What’s next for the Cavalry? That’s up to you.View online
The Cavalry Digest

As we celebrate our seventh birthday and recover from a busy summer, it’s as good a time as any to reflect, reconnect, and… send out our monthly newsletter. We even have a new, professional video overview of I Am The Cavalry to show off to the world!

What’s next for the Cavalry? That’s up to you. We want to hear what you’re focused on and how we can help. Please take a couple of minutes to fill out a quick survey on your work and participation in Cavalry efforts.

LET'S CATCH UP

When we first launched the Cavalry movement in a windowless room at BSides Las Vegas seven years ago, nobody knew what the Cavalry would become or what we’d accomplish.

It’s been an amazing journey over the past seven years and we’re super impressed by all the impact Cavalry members have created. We want to hear your stories — tell us about your proudest Cavalry moments and accomplishments. Know about some other awesome cyber-safety initiatives? Please send them along to be featured in our October newsletter.

Here are a few of our highlights from the last seven years:

Bits and Bytes From the Blog
September 24, 2020
Hospital Ransomware Attack Turns Fatal
News recently broke of the first death directly resulting from a cyberattack after a German hospital experienced a ransomware incident and was unable to accept emergency patients.
Read More
September 21, 2020
Josh Corman Opens CISA Cybersecurity Summit
I Am The Cavalry Co-Founder Josh Corman kicked off day one of the 3rd Annual National Cybersecurity Summit, hosted by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
Read More
September 2, 2020
Advice I Wish I Had Gotten...
I Am The Cavalry Co-Founder Josh Corman gave a powerful talk at GRIMMCon 0x2 on empowering members of the cybersecurity community to overcome imposter syndrome, avoid the burnout cycle, and…
Read More
July 29, 2020
The Policymaker's Guide to DEF CON
I Am The Cavalry member Beau Woods was recently interviewed about policymaker participation at DEF CON "Safe Mode" for the Hewlett Foundation Cyber Initiative newsletter.
Read More
The Cavalry Is Coming To…

September 30

National Cybersecurity Summit: Diversity in Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency

October 7

National Cybersecurity Summit: Defending Our Democracy
Cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency

October 29 - 31

Texas Cyber Summit
GrayHat

Cyber Policy Corner

Internet of Things

Voluntary Code of Practice: Securing the Internet of Things for Consumers - Australian Department of Home Affairs

Internet of Things Cybersecurity (IoT) Improvement Act - Passed in the U.S. House of Representatives

Vulnerability Disclosure

Binding Operational Directive: Develop and Publish a Vulnerability Disclosure Policy - Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency

Ohio Vulnerability Disclosure Policy for Election-Related Websites - Ohio Secretary of State

Vulnerability Disclosure Toolkit - UK National Cyber Security Centre

iamthecavalry.org | @iamthecavalry | discussion forum

View online