DEF CON Curriculum

Beau Woods

Aug 5, 2020, 10:44:02 AM8/5/20
to iamthe...@googlegroups.com

View online
DEF CON Virus Alert Header
THE CAVALRY IS COMING TO DEF CON (SAFE MODE)

Seven years ago, The Cavalry movement was born at B Sides Las Vegas with a presentation by Nick Percoco and Josh Corman. This year, B Sides is canceled and we won’t get to see you all at DEF CON in-person, but there’s still plenty of important projects and conversations to get excited about.

To help you plan for DEF CON Safe Mode, we're highlighting just a few of the Villages and events below that follow the Cavalry mission set out in a windowless Las Vegas ballroom on a hot August day.

WHERE BITS AND BYTES WILL MEET FLESH AND BLOOD

All times in local time (PT) for Las Vegas

Aerospace Village

Friday, August 7

Getting the Aerospace Village to Take-Off

10 - 11 AM

Hear from CISA director Chris Krebs and Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics Dr. Will Roper.

Building Connections Across the Aviation Ecosystem

1 - 2 PM

Biohacking Village

August 6-9, 8 AM-8 PM

The Device Lab will host a number of medical devices from manufacturers inviting the DEF CON community to test them for security vulnerabilities remotely. In addition, there will be a Capture the Flag (CTF) with real and simulated healthcare equipment, including medical devices.

Hackers work to defend a hospital under siege, racing against the clock. The immersive, “learn by doing” environment will challenge hackers to use their skills to anticipate, defend, and recover, as their adversary escalates their attacks throughout the DEF CON weekend. More details will follow, closer to the event.

Friday, August 7

Fireside Chat with Dr. Amy Abernethy and Adama Ibrahim

10 - 11 AM

Redefining patient safety in the digital era

12 - 1 PM

Medical Device Vulnerability Disclosure

2:30 - 3:30 PM

Hacking the Insulin Supply Chain To Save Lives

3:30 - 4:00 PM

Cybersecurity informed consent for medical devices

4:00 - 4:30 PM

Saturday, August 8

Medical Technology: How do we unfuck things

12:00 - 12:30 PM

Sunday, August 9

How Independent Security Researchers work with Medical Device Manufacturers - The Bad, The Ugly & The Great (BUG)

11:30 AM - 12:30 PM

Car Hacking Village

August 7 and 8

Automotive In-Vehicle Networks

10 AM

Friday, August 7

Realistic Trends in Vulnerability based on Hacking into Vehicle

2 PM

Saturday, August 8

Houston, we CAV a problem

12 PM

From Blackbox to Automotive Ransomware

3 PM

ICS Village

Friday, August 7

Chris Krebs Keynote

12 - 1 PM

5 Quick Wins for Improving your ICS Cybersecurity Posture

6 - 6:30 PM

Saturday, August 8

ICS SecOps: Active Defense Concept with Effective Incident Response in Industrial Control Systems

12 - 12:30 PM

Confessions of an Offensive ICS Cyber Security Researcher

12:45 - 1:45 PM

Operationalizing Cyber Norms: Critical Infrastructure Protection

6:30 - 7:30 PM

Hack the Sea

Thursday, August 6

Dockside with the US Coast Guard

1 PM - 2 PM

Saturday, August 8

Speed 2: The Poseidon Adventure – When Cruise Ships Go Wrong

10 - 10:30 AM

Policy Mode

DEF CON community members are welcome to register as potential “advisors” to support the Policy program, providing a suggested curriculum and guidance on navigating the conference for policymakers.

iamthecavalry.org | @iamthecavalry | discussion forum

Beau Woods
@beauwoods

Bryan

Aug 7, 2020, 11:42:54 PM8/7/20
to iamthe...@googlegroups.com
Any chance these talks are gonna be recorded? I'd like to get one or more of these speakers on our show. Especially the insulin pump hacking.

Bryan Brake
BrakeSec Podcast

Beau Woods

Aug 8, 2020, 12:01:34 AM8/8/20