The Cavalry Digest - October, 2020

Beau Woods

Oct 29, 2020, 8:24:06 PM10/29/20
to iamthe...@googlegroups.com
Taking action during Covid-19 and Grayhat is here View online
The Cavalry Digest

We’re nearing the end of Cybersecurity Awareness month, but this has been a year of action for the community.

When we saw the cavalry wasn’t coming during the Covid-19 pandemic, the Cavalry community came together to help secure hospitals, medical research, and critical healthcare supply chains.

Grassroots projects including the Cyber Threat Coalition and the CTI Leaguespurred to action, from providing threat intelligence sharing for the medical community to responding to cyber attacks against hospitals struggling to keep up with an influx of patients.

What are you working on now and how can we help? There’s still time to let us know by submitting our simple form below.

LET'S CATCH UP
Bits and Bytes From the Blog
October 6, 2020
CISA Leader Puts Health Sector Project on the Level of Election Security Initiative
I Am The Cavalry co-founder Josh Corman spoke to Nextgov about what the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is working on to ensure better cybersecurity in the health sector.
Read More
October 1, 2020
Cavalry Members Tell Washington Post Cyber Awareness is Not Enough
I Am The Cavalry’s Beau Woods and Bryson Bort told The Washington Post "Cybersecurity 202" author Joseph Marks that cybersecurity awareness is not enough for keeping safe online.
Read More
September 28, 2020
Hack the Plant Episode 2: Where is the Cavalry? with Josh Corman
I Am The Cavalry co-founder Josh Corman joined the "Hack the Plant" podcast hosted by Cavalry member and R Street Institute senior fellow Bryson Bort. The episode covered the pandemic,…
Read More
September 24, 2020
Hospital Ransomware Attack Turns Fatal
News recently broke of the first death directly resulting from a cyberattack after a German hospital experienced a ransomware incident and was unable to accept emergency patients.
Read More
The Cavalry Is Coming To…

October 29 - 31

Grayhat

November 17 - 18

CyberNextDC
Cybersecurity Coalition and Cyber Threat Alliance

and in case you missed it…

The Cavalry came to CyberWeek Online earlier this month as the Biohacking Village celebrated global health ingenuity with sessions on supply chain networks, threat trends, and securing medical networks.

Cyber Policy Corner

Internet of Things

Cybersecurity Labelling Scheme - Cyber Security Agency of Singapore

IASME Consortium to Kick-start New IoT Assessment Scheme - Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport

Domestic Abuse Bill 2020 - UK Parliament

Vulnerability Disclosure

Vulnerability Disclosure Program - Office of Iowa Secretary of State

The vulnerability disclosure program, launched on October 1, focuses on election-related websites and follows Ohio's program launch in August.

Memorandum on Improving Vulnerability Identification, Management, and Remediation - Executive Office of the President, Office of Management and Budget

Rubric for Applying CVSS to Medical Devices - FDA/MITRE Corporation

iamthecavalry.org | @iamthecavalry | discussion forum