IACA News

1 view

Greg Orpen

Mar 18, 2013, 6:29:17 PM3/18/13
to iacs-co...@googlegroups.com, a...@innovationcharter.org, stud...@innovationcharter.org

Hi All,

Please check out the following news from the Innovation Academy Community Association.

Comedy Night Fund-Raising Event: Join us for a night of laughs and great fun at 7pm on Friday, April 5, 2013, at the Billerica Hall of Elks. This year's show will feature live comedy by Boston Hysterical Society’s Peter Gross. The evening will include buffet dinner, cash bar, silent auction, 50/50 raffle, photo booth and lots of laughs. Tickets are $35 each or 2/$60 or better yet grab some friends and buy a table of 10 for $250. All proceeds to benefit the IACA in their efforts to support the students of Innovation Academy. For a preview of our growing list of silent auction items please go to www.iaca.weebly.com or check us out on Facebook IACA. For questions or to purchase tickets, contact Heather Landis at 978-502-9450 or domeafav...@hotmail.com  **This is an over 21 event***Hope to see you there!

Yankee Candle Fundraiser: Looking for the perfect gift for an upcoming birthday or Mother’s Day??? IACA will be having a Yankee Candle Fundraiser which will run from 3/22-4/5. Deliveries will be in on time for Mother's Day.  There will be  two $25 GameStop Gift cards given out for the largest dollar amount on a single order, one each MS and HS. Keep a lookout for packets delivered through HB/Advisory.

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES!

·      Last Bash Party: If you are interested in helping with the graduation night Last Bash Party please contact Tracy Leedberg at tracyl...@hotmail.com.

·      We are looking for volunteers at the Bake Sale on 3-12 during the Quality Nights 5th and 7th grade, 5:45-7:30PM. If you would like to help please contact Valerie at iacapr...@gmail.com.

·      We need a Dance Social Chairperson for the 2013-2014 school year. If you are interested in learning to run the dance socials please contact Lisa Reed at tlr...@comcast.net. There are a few dances left to learn how to coordinate the dances

·      8th Grade Semi-Formal Volunteers Needed: The first meeting of the 8th grade semi-formal planning committee will take place at Panera Drum Hill; Thursday March 7th at 7pm. If you are a parent or guardian of a student in 5-8 grade (especially 8th grade) and want to be a part of making this an amazing evening please join us. If you have any questions or can’t make it that evening but still want to join please contact Kerry Wellenstein, Wellen...@comcast.net .

·      On April 1st, IACA will post a list of any person intending to run for office for the 2013-2014 school year in the IACA May elections. If you are interested in running for President, Vice President elect, Treasurer or Secretary, notify Valerie:iacapr...@gmail.com

Need Jury Volunteers: 6th & 8th grade have received their jury dates.  During their jury, 6th &8th graders present their portfolios to a team of assessors in a jury presentation. The team of assessors is typically made up of two adults including a MS admin. or curriculum coord. & a community member (an IACS parent). Students share pieces of work and provide evidence of why they believe they are ready to be promoted to the next grade. Successful completion of a jury presentation is a promotion requirement for 6th & 8th graders. We will need many community members to volunteer as a member of a jury panel. If you can give an hour or more during the school day (juries start at 8:00 and go throughout the day until 4:00) this spring, please contact Paula Girouard at giroua...@comcast.net or stop by the main office.

Box Top ContestIrish for More Boxtops: How many box tops can you collect in one month? We challenge you to collect as many box tops as you can by March 29th. The student collecting the most will win a prize! Winners will be chosen for 5/6, 7/8 and HS. Don’t forget to label your bags with your name and homebase/advisory so we can find you!! Hurry, all boxtops must be submitted by 3pm on March 29th.

E-Boxtops: Have you signed up at the Boxtops website?  Well, why not?  Did you know they have coupons for some of your favorite boxtop products?  Or that they have a recipe for Orange Teriyaki Beef with Noodles?  Yum-Yum!   Well you must know about the games you can play to earn a boxtop for IACS, right?  And by now you’ve already started using the links in the boxtop marketplace to shop at your favorite stores.  I earned IACS $1 in e-boxtops today buying ink for my printer.  Have you printed your February vacation photos yet?  Use the Shutterfly, Snapfish, Target or Walgreens links to earn e-boxtops for your school.  When you start making your summer travel plans don’t forget they have links for Hotwire, Orbitz, Seaworld and even some hotel chains.  My sister in law is expecting her first child anyday now and I already have started perusing OshKosh B’Gosh, GAP, The Children’s Place and Babies R Us for cute outfits.  My girls would rather I click the Justice, Aeropostale or American Eagle links.  My hubby asked me to use the Walmart link to purchase some dog food and vacuum bags for our house.   Aww the housework never ends.  Whatever your need check out www.btfe.com .   Shop to the marketplace to peruse over 250 retailers or find a great recipe for dinner.  Thank you for supporting the IACS!

Roller Skates Left Behind: Did you leave behind a pair of roller blades at our last Roller Kingdom IACA event on 2/13? Please email joyce...@ymail.com to be reunited with them!

Recycle and Earn Money for IACS!

IACA now has an alternate drop off location for Funding Factory donations. Funding Factory will accept Inkjet Cartridges, Toner Cartridges, Cell Phones, iPods/MP3 Players, Laptops, Digital Cameras, and GPS Devices. Turn your unwanted recyclable items into dollars for IACS! In addition to the MS lobby, we have a new location to drop off items: Chelmsford Storage Solutions, 296 Littleton Road in Chelmsford. See Karen Lowry. Questions? Contact Nancy Therrien: nthe...@verizon.net

Next IACA Meeting: Monday, April 8th 6:30 - 8:30pm In the Café

--
Greg Orpen
High School Principal

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete immediately without reading or forwarding to others.