This Week's Edition of the IACS Dispatch

Greg Orpen

May 24, 2013, 4:50:14 PM5/24/13
to iacs-co...@googlegroups.com, a...@innovationcharter.org, stud...@innovationcharter.org
All School News

Expansion Initiative Updates....

A heart-felt thanks to our IACS community on the warmth & generosity of your community spirit and giving.  With the Expansion Initiative's events this school year -- the Fall Relay, The Leadership Donor Club, the Hawk Walk bricks and the most recent 5K and Fun Walk, we've already raised over $50,000 in the school year!  All we can say is WOW, THANK YOU!

And now, with the inaugural 5K and Fun Walk behind us, it's time to.... go out and play with your IACS friends and family again!  Fundraising is fun.
  • Join the IACS community on Sunday, June 9 at Canobie Lake Park - all proceeds benefit the Expansion Initiative:  Details -- 11am - 10pm... bring your IACS AND non-IACS friends.. this is for EVERYONE!  Tickets are $30 per person, and can be ordered through www.paypal.com  - direct payments to IACS.Fu...@Gmail.com or contact Carol Passarelli:  cupass...@comcast.net or 978-663-3745.  Please place orders by June 3 -- the more the merrier!
and...
  • HawkWalk Bricks are the perfect honor at the end of the school year .. or the end of High School for graduates.  Join over 150 bricks already placed, and customize your tax-deductible order online at https://www.bricksrus.com/order/iacsbricks. We offer two brick sizes and bricks can be purchased and paid in up to four payments by credit card at our online site. What's your story and lasting memory to add to Hawk Walk?

Lunch:  June Lunch Menu (please place orders by 5/29)

The June lunch menu has been posted. If you would like to place a lunch order click here.   Please place your order by Wed 5/29/13 9:00pm .

Last Bash Fundraisers/News:

Middle School Fundraiser -  Whiffle -  Mr Leedberg with a Whiffle?  If we can raise $1000 between May 22th  and May 29th this will be a reality!   Funds to support the Senior Last Bash and make Mr. Leedbergs summer a little cooler!  All donations should be given to the Front Office in an envelope labeled "Whiffle - last bash".   If you would prefer to take part with a donation by check, checks should be made payable to IACA. Thanks for all your support!  Questions?  Contact Ann Cottle at last...@innovationcharter.org.

High School Fundraiser - Priceless - Mr. Onos with Blue (or red hair)?  Mr. Weiss singing Gaga - Bad Romance???  Mr. Orpen Dressed as a Senior????   What alternate reality is this??? Any and all of these are possible with your help.  Our fabulous faculty have graciously consented to participate in this fundraiser for the senior last bash.  Funds collected between May 22nd and May 29th will be tallied.  If $200 is raised, on the last day of school Mr. Onos will be going red or blue depending on the mood. If $400 is raised Mr. Weiss will join in the fun by singing Lady Gaga's Bad romance.  And If $600 is raised then Mr. Orpen will also be dressing up as a member of the senior class (suggestions welcome).  Please help the last day of school and the senior bash both be priceless and memorable!   All donations should be given to Tina Lindberg in an envelope labeled "Priceless - last bash".  If you would prefer to take part with a donation by check, checks should be made payable to IACA. Thanks for all your support!  Questions?  Contact Ann Cottle at last...@innovationcharter.org.

Volunteers Needed:  If you are interested in helping with the graduation night Last Bash Party please contact Tracy Leedberg at last...@innovationcharter.org.

See the attached donation form and details on the celebration.

IACA News

Basket Raffles are here!

Baskets will be on display and raffle tickets will be sold on: May 23rd at the High School Exhibition Night, May 31st at the Middle School Art Show. Winners will be selected at the end of the art show. Can’t make it to one of the events?
Tickets may be purchased by sending your name, phone number, baskets you would like to buy tickets for, quantity of tickets you want to purchase and check made payable to IACA to the attention of “Michele Frey – Basket Raffle” in a sealed envelope delivered to the school office. Ticket Prices: 1 for $1, 6 for $5, 12 for $10, 25 for $20.
Questions? Contact Michele Frey
mfr...@gmail.com

To see these incredible baskets go to www.iaca.weebly.com , photographs of all the baskets are streaming on the site.

Need DJ’s: The Middle School dance committee is recruiting volunteer DJ’s for the 2013- 2014 school year. Please e-mail Lisa Reed at tlr...@comcast.net if you are interested in becoming a DJ for the middle school dances. Training is provided. The commitment includes ensuring prior, to the night of the dance, that DJ equipment and components are in storage, arriving at the school on the evening of the designated dance at 6:15, setting up the equipment (with assistance) playing music/dance games, giving out prizes, having fun and then, at the end of the evening, breaking down and storing the equipment.

Upcoming Events and Volunteer Opportunities!

*8th Grade Moving Up and HS Graduation Reception:If you are interested in helping with the HS Graduation reception or the 8th grade moving up ceremony please contact Lori, loridi...@comcast.net.

*End of the Year BBQ: The end of the year Barbeque will be held on Wednesday, June 19th. Please see the attached flier for more details and contact Kerry Wellenstein: wellen...@comcast.net to volunteer or if you have questions. See the attached flier for more details.

*8th Grade Semi-Formal Volunteers Needed:.The 8th Grad Semi-Formal will be held on Friday Evening June 7th from 7-10pm. Look for permission slips to be sent home on May 3rd and are due back on May 24th. There will also be an invitation sent out on May 17th. If you have any questions or would like to help please contact Kerry Wellenstein, Wellen...@comcast.net .

*Hospitality Chair- We are looking for a Hospitality Chair for the 2013-2014 School year. The Hospitality chair is responsible to greet new parents at open houses and Expositions as an IACA representative while you pass out baked goods, water and information contact iacapr...@gmail.com

Need Jury Volunteers: 6th & 8th grade have received their jury dates. We need many community members to volunteer as a member of a jury panel. If you can give an hour or more during the school day (juries start at 8:00 and go throughout the day until 4:00) this spring, please contact Paula Girouard: giroua...@comcast.net or stop by the main office.

Box Top Contest: Baseball Boxtop Competition

The Annual IACS Boxtop baseball competition is well under way. Homebase Edelman is off to an incredible start with 10 runs! (1 run = 100 boxtops) Homebase Rowling is right behind them with 6 runs. How is your homebase/advisory doing? Boxtops can be submitted in the monster box in the cafeteria or in the HS breezeway. We've started polishing the trophy so send in those boxtops! Boxtops sent in last year earned the IACS over $2000

--
Greg Orpen
High School Principal

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete immediately without reading or forwarding to others.
2013 BBQ flier.doc
Last bash 2013 donation form.pdf