最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Greg Orpen

未読、
2013/04/12 15:29:452013/04/12
To: iacs-co...@googlegroups.com、a...@innovationcharter.org、stud...@innovationcharter.org
Hi All-  Have an amazing and safe April vacation!  Here's this week's version of the IACS Dispatch...

IACS News

Students Speak Out About the Expansion Initiative! Be sure to catch the latest issue of theIACS Innovator with a page one article about construction on the new classrooms building. Congrats to Emily Malachowski and Dylan Beeber for covering the student perspective and excitement about our growth. Four students, as well as Mr. Orpen, share their thoughts on construction, growth and what expansion means for our school.

Calling all writers, journalists, wannabe correspondents, etc...The Expansion Initiative is undertaking a series of articles, feature stories and expansion updates that could use your fresh perspective, creative writing and communications talents. Would you like to interview Mr. Landberg? What exactly is the vision for the new gym? What's the latest Squawk on Hawk Walk? The Expansion Initiative would like to hear from you if you have the time, talent and interest to become a correspondent for us to keep the community informed. This volunteer role can be done from home and allows lots of latitude for creativity, innovation and involvement! Calling all parents and students alike! If you're interested, please contact Susan Howard atsho...@innovationcharter.orgOur Initiative Could Use Your Enthusiasm!

Ready to Run?
Just about 1 month to our First Annual Spring 5K and Fun Run - Registration details:  the 5K is $25 and starts at 7pm; the FunRun is $10 and starts at 6:30.   For more details, and to register on line, go to www.innovation5k.com.   If you don't run please join us to cheer on our runners, and to enjoy an evening out with family and friends.  Adding to the festivities, we'll have a DJ and the Augusta Market food truck "Chicken on the Road".  It is sure to be a great time!  We need volunteers as well as sponsors -- if you have a family business that might sponsor, or you're interested in volunteering, please contact Carol Passarelli at cupass...@comcast.net.

Thanks for your continued support. Be sure to check out our website often for updates:Expansion Initiative Website

Teen Substance Abuse and Related Parenting Challenges--Wednesday May 8th 6:30--8:30pm at IACS.  An evening to find out the facst, ask questions and share thoughts with other parents.  Learn what the trends are,hear what is being talked about in health classes and what students are saying about the realities of their world.  This is for all parents, both the middle and the high school grades.  We hope you will join us...together we can send a strong positive message to the students of IACS.  For more information please see the attached flyer or call Gayle Nutile-Pimm at x2104.  Please see the attached flyer for more information.

Middle School News

Mrs. Kapeckas sends greetings from China!  Middle School students had a chance to see/hear her via Skype this week, but for those in the community who want to hear more details and updates, please check our the posts she's made at Sara Krakauer's blog:  www.innovationonearth.com

High School News

"Day of Silence" sponsored by Amnesty International and the Gay-Straight Alliance:  On April 25, Amnesty International is supporting a "Day of Silence" at IACS.  This is a movement to bring attention to the silence lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgender people face.  The silence will represent the silence that is caused by anti-LGBT bullying, name-calling, and harassment.  The goal of this day is to bring awareness to this injustice.  We encourage everyone to not speak on April 25 until 2:30pm. Thank you!  We appreciate anyone that participates in this event.

Junior/Senior Prom:   All Juniors and Seniors were given information about the IACS prom on Friday, May 24th.    Please ask your student for the FAQ sheet they were given at the meeting.

IACA News

Annual Basket Raffle: The Annual Basket Raffle will be getting underway following April Vacation. For those of us whose "vacation" plans include some spring cleaning, please keep the these basket themes in mind. Some of our themes this year will be Game Night , Day at the Beach, The great outdoors and more (full list below).So before giving away those new or gently used items, consider how they could nicely compliment one or more of the baskets. Don't limit your creativity to these basket themes. We welcome any additional items/ideas. Collection of items will begin after vacation. If you have any suggestions or questions, please contact Michele Frey, mfr...@gmail.com

  • Day at the Beach
  • The Great Outdoors
  • Snack Attack/Sweet Stuff/School's Out Stock the Pantry (Snack related)
  • Chef's Delight/Galloping Gourmet/Ultimate Foodie (Cooking related)
  • Tailgate/Picnic/BBQ related
  • Pet Lover's
  • Off to Camp
  • Off to College
  • Home Office
  • Car Care/New Driver
  • Fabulously Fit
  • Athlete's Locker/Sports Enthusiast (Athlete/Sports related)
  • Rest, Relaxation & Renewal
  • Green Thumb
  • Home Improvement
  • Arts & Crafts
  • Let the Music Play/Plugged In (iPod, iTunes, etc music/band related theme...thinking about this for the HS)
  • Book Worm/Reader's Paradise (middle school or high school)

May Socials: The IACA is pleased to announce the last two middle school dances for the 2012 – 2013 school year. May 3rd for 5/6 grade students and May 10th for 7/8 grade students. The two dances will be an end of the school year celebration. The cost is $5.00 / student and will be from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Approximately 14 parent chaperones are needed and must be corie approved prior to the evening of the dance. Please e-mail Lisa Reed at tlr...@comcast.net if you are available to help set up, chaperone or clean up. All offers of help are greatly appreciated.

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES!

·      Last Bash Party: If you are interested in helping with the graduation night Last Bash Party(details on the front page) please contact Tracy Leedberg at last...@innovationcharter.org.

·      We need a Dance Social Chairperson for the 2013-2014 school year. If you are interested in learning to run the dance socials please contact Lisa Reed at tlr...@comcast.net. There are a few dances left to learn how to coordinate the dances

·      8th Grade Semi-Formal Volunteers Needed:. If you have any questions or would like to help please contact Kerry Wellenstein, Wellen...@comcast.net .

Labels for Education:Thanks for submitting your Labels for Education. Our points in the Label for Educations program allowed us to
expand on the recess equipment with some new dodge balls. If you have more Labels for Education there is a
box in the cafe.

Need Jury Volunteers: 6th & 8th grade have received their jury dates. We need many community members to volunteer as a member of a jury panel. If you can give an hour or more during the school day (juries start at 8:00 and go throughout the day until 4:00) this spring, please contact Paula Girouard: giroua...@comcast.net or stop by the main office.

 Box Top Contest:  : Irish for More Boxtops: How many boxtops can you collect in one month? We challenged our students and they didn't disappoint us. IACS students brought in over $200 worth of Boxtops during the month of March! CONGRATULATIONS to our winners: in the high school, Lee DiMattia of Burtch Advisory, 7/8 Sara Yoken of homebase Copernicus and 5/6 Ethan Gierke of homebase Mandela whom submitted an incredible 591 boxtops!!!! Our winners will all receive $20 gift certificates. COMING SOON: Baseball Boxtops - in the meantime keep collecting those Boxtops!

E-Boxtops: Have you signed up at the Boxtops website?  Well, why not?  Did you know they have coupons for some of your favorite boxtop products?  Or that they have a recipe for Orange Teriyaki Beef with Noodles?  Yum-Yum!   Well you must know about the games you can play to earn a boxtop for IACS, right?  And by now you’ve already started using the links in the boxtop marketplace to shop at your favorite stores.  I earned IACS $1 in e-boxtops today buying ink for my printer.  Have you printed your February vacation photos yet?  Use the Shutterfly, Snapfish, Target or Walgreens links to earn e-boxtops for your school.  When you start making your summer travel plans don’t forget they have links for Hotwire, Orbitz, Seaworld and even some hotel chains.  My sister in law is expecting her first child anyday now and I already have started perusing OshKosh B’Gosh, GAP, The Children’s Place and Babies R Us for cute outfits.  My girls would rather I click the Justice, Aeropostale or American Eagle links.  My hubby asked me to use the Walmart link to purchase some dog food and vacuum bags for our house.   Aww the housework never ends.  Whatever your need check out www.btfe.com .   Shop to the marketplace to peruse over 250 retailers or find a great recipe for dinner.  Thank you for supporting the IACS!

Recycle and Earn Money for IACS!

IACA now has an alternate drop off location for Funding Factory donations. Funding Factory will accept Inkjet Cartridges, Toner Cartridges, Cell Phones, iPods/MP3 Players, Laptops, Digital Cameras, and GPS Devices. Turn your unwanted recyclable items into dollars for IACS! In addition to the MS lobby, we have a new location to drop off items: Chelmsford Storage Solutions, 296 Littleton Road in Chelmsford. See Karen Lowry. Questions? Contact Nancy Therrien:  n.the...@verizon.net

Next IACA Meeting: Monday, May 13th 6:30 - 8:30pm In the Café

--
Greg Orpen
High School Principal

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete immediately without reading or forwarding to others.
parent forum flyer.pdf
全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送