RFC: IA-32 psABI draft version 0.1

H.J. Lu

Jan 22, 2015, 7:30:44 AM1/22/15
to IA32 System V Application Binary Interface
Hi,

I am pleased to announce IA-32 psABI draft version 0.1. It is on
hjl/x86/master branch at

https://github.com/hjl-tools/x86-psABI

The main changes over the previous i386 psABI are:

1. Specify 16-byte stack alignment.
2. Support long long.
3. Support __float128.
4. Support _Decimal32, _Decimal64 and _Decimal128.
5. Support SSE and AVX.
6. Support Android.

I am planning to publish it in 2 weeks. I appreciate any feedbacks.

Thanks.

--
H.J.

Joseph Myers

Jan 22, 2015, 4:27:06 PM1/22/15
to IA32 System V Application Binary Interface
I would suggest that rather than using old terms such as "single",
"double" and "128-bit extended" to describe floating-point formats, and
rather than referring to "IEEE-754R", the names from IEEE 754-2008 should
be used. That is, binary32, binary64, binary128. (When referring to
decimal32, decimal64, decimal128 you still need to specify somewhere that
it's BID rather than DPD. And you'll still need to refer to 80-bit
extended since that's not an IEEE interchange format.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com

H.J. Lu

Jan 22, 2015, 4:31:32 PM1/22/15
to IA32 System V Application Binary Interface
Since IA-32 psABI is based on x86-64 psABI, those changes should
be made on x86-64 psABI first and cherry-picked to IA-32 psABI.

--
H.J.