Help Id this singer

paulhu...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2024, 3:29:12 PM (7 days ago) Jun 22
to ia-...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow audiophiles
Attached is a Merlin recording from this morning at Tysons Bend in Harrison County. Several birds are identified correctly by Merlin, but there’s one for which Merlin has no suggestion. It makes three distinctive sounds in this recording. All three sounds have a rough quality to them and I think all three occur in triplets. The first two are a little difficult to separate from all the other birds singing. But the third sound is a very prominent set of notes near the end of the recording. On the graph, these last notes appear as bold dashes.
I like to think it’s a yellow breasted chat, but recently all my exotic aspirations have been shot down by more knowledgeable birders.
Thanks for any help
Chip Hubert
Omaha

2024-06-22 1057.wav