More fun with bird songs

paulhu...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2024, 3:40:40 PM (7 days ago) Jun 22
to ia-...@googlegroups.com
Here is another recording from this morning at Tyson Bend in Harrison County.
After listening to this at home, I’m pretty sure the culprit is a black capped chickadee, but at the time I was pretty sure I had a white throated sparrow singing. The first two notes sound like a black capped chickadee, but the bird holds those notes a little longer than I think a chickadee would, and there’s a thrill at the end, which to me sounds just like a white throated sparrow. This recording is fairly long, and you can hear my fishing rods and paddle bouncing around in my kayak for which I apologize.
Do you think it’s just a black cap chickadee who has jazzed up his song?
Thanks again
Chip Hubert
Omaha

2024-06-22 0754.wav