Yellow-crowned Night Herons

T J

Jun 15, 2024, 9:44:34 PMJun 15
to Iowa Bird List, Tom and Becky Johnson
4 Yellow-crowned night Herons , one Green Heron and one Great Blue were at the marsh area on 269th. avenue in southeastern Appanoose County. This is off of 570 st, south of Exline. There is a locked gate and the walk is 1/8 mile to the marsh area. I was with Larry Piatt and his daughter Julie and granddaughters Hannah and Selena. We had many other good birds on our summer count day and Selena will report on e-bird. In the morning our group  included Leo S., Dewy McConville, Jean-Clark Ayers,  Chad Gatlin and his wife.  Tom Johnson Mystic, Ia.

--
Tom Johnson
Mystic