WK3 WinKeyer Side Tone Output Modification

DF7TV

Oct 21, 2020, 10:38:39 AM10/21/20
to iCW - internet CW

Hello,
I am new to iCW and this group.

Having modified my WK3 WinKeyer to get the Side Tone out, I think a link to the according publication might be helpful to new users of iCW owning a WK3 WinKeyer.
So far I got positive signal reports using this circuit.

73
Tom DF7TV

Chuck Vaughn

Oct 21, 2020, 10:52:57 AM10/21/20
to iCW - internet CW
Excellent presentation Tom
very well laid out and easy to follow & see your diagrams and audio pathways...
your REGEN on // off TOGGLE module is a great additional feature

thank you
chuck

--

---

DF7TV

Oct 21, 2020, 11:18:21 AM10/21/20
to iCW - internet CW
Hello Chuck,
Thank you for your feedback!

Concerning the RX-path with optional (Output Toggle) CW Regeneration:
At this time my settings for reaeq-standalone are:

1.)Type  "Low Shelf"
     Frequency (Hz): 300
     Gain (dB): inf
     Bandwidth (oct): 1.40

2.) Type "High Shelf"
      Frequency (Hz): 1000
      Gain (dB): inf
      Bandwidth (oct): 1.40

That way I may listen to the original signal of the QSO partner (if Output Toggle is "OFF") and give some comments on his signal "in situ" without the need of recording  -- or, if there are several stations in the same CW Room, I may discern them by their individual pitch.

73
Tom