itrim -r on v4.2.10

Jean-Yves Nief

Apr 25, 2022, 11:05:19 AM4/25/22
to irod...@googlegroups.com
hello,

                    I am using "itrim" command from time to time on
compound resources.
It can happen that for one or two files the replication between the
cache and the archive resource did not work properly and hence the
replica on the archive resource is marked as "X", which is fine.
I have been observing the following behavior for this command on a
collection tree where some files have not been properly replicated
(marked as "X" such as "foo.txt" below):
> itrim -MN1 -r /xxx/yyyy/
remote addresses: yyy.aaa.bbb.ccc ERROR: trimCollUtil: trimDataObjUtil
failed for /xxx/yyy/zzz/foo.txt. status = -552107 status = -552107
UNIV_MSS_UNLINK_ERR, Transport endpoint is not connected
remote addresses: yyy.aaa.bbb.ccc ERROR: trimUtil: trim error for
/xxx/yyy/zzz/foo.txt.  status = -552107 UNIV_MSS_UNLINK_ERR, Transport
endpoint is not connected
The behavior is correct and the good copy in the cache is not trimmed
which is expected. However, the entire "itrim" process is stopped. I
think it should continue for all the other files even though it failed
for one of them and it should only declare the problem encountered for
this file.
thanks,
JY