iRODS zone name and zone key

Lily KAGO

Mar 8, 2023, 11:48:25 AM3/8/23
to iRODS-Chat
Hello,

I have already successfully installed iRODS and I' m testing it.

I want to change/edit the zone name and the zone key that I have entered during the installation. Is this possible without reinstalling iRODS? If yes, how can I do that? Thanks.

Regards Lily

Alan King

Mar 8, 2023, 3:50:43 PM3/8/23
to irod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes, it is possible to change the zone name and zone key without reinstalling iRODS.

Instructions for changing the zone name can be found here: https://docs.irods.org/4.3.0/getting_started/installation/#changing-the-zone-name

Instructions for changing the zone key (and negotiation key) can be found right beneath that: https://docs.irods.org/4.3.0/getting_started/installation/#changing-the-zone_key-and-negotiation_key

Notice that the zone key and negotiation key do not live in the catalog, so you just need to update the configuration file for those. The zone name requires changing the catalog via `iadmin modzone` in addition to the server configuration file. If you have multiple servers set up, you will need to change the /etc/irods/server_config.json file in each server as described in those sections in the docs. Any client(s) connecting to the server(s) will also need to have their ~/.irods/irods_environment.json file(s) updated.

Let us know if you run into any issues and we can try to answer them as they come. Good luck!

The Integrated Rule-Oriented Data System (iRODS) - https://irods.org

iROD-Chat: http://groups.google.com/group/iROD-Chat
---

Alan King
Senior Software Developer | iRODS Consortium

Lily KAGO

Mar 10, 2023, 10:16:52 AM3/10/23
to iRODS-Chat
Hi,