setup_irods.py not created

Ann-Sophie K.

Mar 14, 2023, 10:08:18 AM3/14/23
to iRODS-Chat
After having the [SYS_SOCK_READ_TIMEDOUT] error while using the command 'iinit' I decided to try to reinstall irods. (CentOS8)

Now i can't seem to find the setup_irods.py script/ it was not created.
At first no irods directory was created at all but by removing and reinstalling irods-server and irods-database-plugin-posgres the directory /var/lib/irods/packaging was created but it only has three files in it:
localhost_setup_postgres.input  sql  upgrade-3.3.xto4.0.0.sql

cant find the setup_irods.py with the locate command either.

I'm rather new to working with CentOS so i have a basic understanding of it at best, but the first installation of irods seemed to work fine except for the SYS_SOCK_... Error.

I also did not get the
iRODS Postgres Database Plugin installation was successful.
Message

Any Idea what might have caused the installation to fail?

Kory Draughn

Mar 14, 2023, 10:24:00 AM3/14/23
to irod...@googlegroups.com
iRODS does not officially support CentOS 8.

iRODS 4.3.0 supports the following OS:
  • CentOS 7
  • Ubuntu 18.04
  • Ubuntu 20.04
  • Debian 11
  • Almalinux 8
  • Rocky Linux 8
Hope that helps.

Kory Draughn
Chief Technologist
iRODS Consortium

The Integrated Rule-Oriented Data System (iRODS) - https://irods.org

iROD-Chat: http://groups.google.com/group/iROD-Chat
---

Ann-Sophie K.

Mar 14, 2023, 10:37:30 AM3/14/23
to iRODS-Chat
Edit:  I did get the iRODS Postgres Database Plugin installation was successful. Message
I just missed it

Kory Draughn

Mar 14, 2023, 4:27:09 PM3/14/23
to irod...@googlegroups.com
So everything is working for you now?

Kory Draughn
Chief Technologist
iRODS Consortium

The Integrated Rule-Oriented Data System (iRODS) - https://irods.org

iROD-Chat: http://groups.google.com/group/iROD-Chat
---

Ann-Sophie K.

Mar 15, 2023, 3:38:54 AM3/15/23
to iRODS-Chat
Sadly no,

the setup.py is still not created, but i'll try again in a bit and if it still doesn't work i'll be switching to centos7

A. K.

Mar 15, 2023, 4:36:30 AM3/15/23
to iRODS-Chat
I do get these two Error messages while trying to reinstall:

yum remove irods-server irods-database-plugin-postgres
bash: /var/lib/irods/packaging/preremove.sh: No such file or directory
error: %preun(irods-server-4.3.0-1.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 127

Error in PREUN scriptlet in rpm package irods-server
  Erasing          : irods-externals-nanodbc2.13.0-1-1.0-1.x86_64          3/12
error: irods-server-4.3.0-1.x86_64: erase failed

yum install irods-server irods-database-plugin-postgres
python3: can't open file '/var/lib/irods/scripts/chown_directories_for_postinstall.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
ldconfig: /usr/lib64/llvm14/lib/libclang.so.13 is not a symbolic link

I'm guessing thats where the problem in coming from, any idea what caused it or how to fix it?

Adil Hasan

Mar 15, 2023, 5:05:52 AM3/15/23
to irod...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ann,

I see that you have some ’no such file or directory’ messages. Maybe you can check if the /var/lib/irods folder exists? Maybe it has nothing in it?
So, maybe the reinstall is working on a clean new system?
hth adil

Kory Draughn

Mar 15, 2023, 8:17:21 AM3/15/23
to irod...@googlegroups.com
I haven't seen those errors before.

You can always try compiling from source. Keep in mind that doing that may require touching code.

I recommend switching to a supported OS. Almalinux 8 or Rocky Linux 8 should work fine. I'd avoid CentOS 7 as it is close to EOL.

Thanks,

Kory Draughn
Chief Technologist
iRODS Consortium