pipelining support in iRODS protocol

已查看 7 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Illyoung Choi

未读,
2023年3月9日 03:06:452023/3/9
收件人 iRODS-Chat
Hi iRODS,

Does iRODS protocol support pipelining? I believe iRODS C/C++ API and python-irodsclient perform API request then wait its response. The next request isn't made until the first response arrives. Is this because the iRODS protocol doesn't support pipelining? I'd like to make multiple file write requests before their response arrive to improve file write performance.

Thanks,
Illyoung

Alan King

未读,
2023年3月9日 09:40:322023/3/9
收件人 irod...@googlegroups.com
The only thing I can think of would be to make use of the nonblocking storage resource: https://docs.irods.org/4.3.0/plugins/composable_resources/#non-blocking

Does that seem like it could be an option? Or do you really need the API itself to have this asynchronous write ability?

The Integrated Rule-Oriented Data System (iRODS) - https://irods.org

iROD-Chat: http://groups.google.com/group/iROD-Chat
---

Alan King
Senior Software Developer | iRODS Consortium

Illyoung Choi

未读,
2023年3月9日 12:33:312023/3/9
收件人 irod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

I just want to know if current data object write API can be used for asynchronous write. Like, if we just request file write 5 times, then read their response. In this case, will the responses in the correct order? I’m not sure now the server handles the APIs. If it handles API requests one-by-one, the responses will be in order. But if they are handled in parallel the order may not be preserved.

Illyoung Choi

Alan King

未读,
2024年5月2日 11:01:37 (11天前) 5月2日
收件人 irod...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delayed reply here... You've probably figured it out by now, but I'll just write back anyway :)

The only thing I can think to do is to make parallel write calls via separate connections (what we call "multi-1247 parallel transfer"). Otherwise, yes, within a single connection, writes must wait for the response from each API call before the next one can be done.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子