Opening Native App with Emy

Arthur

Dec 21, 2015, 1:48:27 PM12/21/15
to iPhoneWebDev
I migrated my studying from iUI Framework to Emy for building a standalone web app and ran into a problem.

Under iUI, I had a link to a native iOS app which worked,and a link to an external web site ( using "a href") which  didn't.

Now, the link to the external web site works (using "a href" and "target="_blank") but the native app does not work (using the same Apple URI scheme as before (a href="abdigateaccess://WI")

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Remi Grumeau

Dec 21, 2015, 3:08:03 PM12/21/15
to iphonewebdev
Hi Arthur,

There is a method called "isNativeUrl" in both iUI & Emy to deal with native URL Schemes.

Any clic event is intercepted by Emy, and go tru a list of checks, this one included.
If this method returns true, then Emy stops checks and leave the browser to handle the clic event by its own.
So the simplest for now for you is to edit emy.js & add yours in this method.

The best would be to modify Emy's code to add a addNativeUrl method so you can do this onload from your code without editing the core one.
( Github pull request appreciate :) )

Remi

Arthur

Dec 23, 2015, 6:01:58 AM12/23/15
to iPhoneWebDev
Thank you. I will give this a try and respond with the results.

Arthur Shanker

Dec 23, 2015, 3:35:17 PM12/23/15
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Remi, works like a charm.

I greatly appreciate the patience and the source material.

Remi Grumeau

Dec 29, 2015, 2:49:16 AM12/29/15
to iphonewebdev
Thx !
If you have any URL or screenshot you can share with us, i'd be happy to see what you create with Emy :)

Chhers

Remi