Sewing events update

Jan Henry

Aug 13, 2016, 12:59:28 PM8/13/16
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com

To members and community guests, I just wanted to send a reminder of upcoming dates!

First up, tomorrow! Sunday, August 14, 1-3pm (If you want to come a little later, msg me as I tend to stick around for a few hours after.)
What: watch Project Runway episode 11 in which they use 3D printing! Plus bring your projects if you have them. We sew, too.

I'd like i3Detroit to be a place where technology merges with traditional techniques and would love to hear your input on what you'd like, what you want to achieve, and talk about how we can make this happen. I think this episode is a good springboard for that discussion.

Other sewing event dates:
Wednesday August 17, 7-9pm
What: bimonthly meet up. Bring your projects! Last meeting, we worked on a skirt, dress, and carry bags for juggling balls. I set up the classroom as a sewing workroom for the night with ironing and cutting stations, space for the machines you bring, and set out i3's for your use too.

Sunday, August 21, 1-3pm
Watch Project Runway and sew

Sunday, August 28, 1-3pm
Watch Project Runway and sew

Weekly Runway and bimonthly meet up schedule continues into September. As always, check the i3 calendar on the website for schedule updates and any changes.

I'm hoping this is just the beginning. I have a lot of ideas to help make it a great place to sew, and would like to share them with you, as well as hear yours. What is your ultimate wish? Let's brainstorm!

See you in the classroom!

Jan Henry
i3Detroit Sewing SIG organizer
Craft Room Co-Coordinator, sewing