Help with 3d print

Knox Valleskey

Nov 16, 2020, 7:04:47 PM11/16/20
to i3 Detroit Public

Hello everyone! My name is Knox and I have 2 small parts I would like to get 3d printed. Instead of using an internet solution (eg; shapeways, sculpteo, etc..) I was wondering if someone at I3 would be willing to do it (if possible).
The attached file is the .stl for it. If someone needs it in another format let me know. I'm worried about smoothness or cleanliness overall. Heck, if you want to increase material heigth to something large like .4 to make it print faster thats fine. I just need it in something similar strength to pla12 and 100% infill. If someone can do it and give me a price i'd appreciate it. Thank you!
tinkericemount.stl

William Kent

Nov 16, 2020, 7:59:57 PM11/16/20
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com, knox...@gmail.com
Dear Knox,

I am perfectly happy to help you print your shape. However, I have one question: Is it sized as large as you need it to be, or do you want it bigger? I ask because the part looks (to me) unrealistically tiny when loaded into my 3D printing software. (If you do want me to resize it, just give me the dimensions; you don’t need to send a second STL file.) If you want your objects printed at the size given, I can do so for the cost of postage to wherever you are located. (I would usually add a charge for materials, but your object uses only a negligible amount of filament.)

One other thing: If you do want it printed at this size, it will be in my experience rather flimsy once pulled off of the print mat. I might recommend making the shapes a bit taller if possible, so there is more heft to them. I would recommend a 5mm height. (I would not need a new STL file for this change, either.) Of course, if that wouldn't work, I fully understand. Please email me at wjk...@gmail.com. I am happy to help. Thanks!

William Kent

On Nov 16, 2020, at 4:22 PM, Knox Valleskey <knox...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone! My name is Knox and I have 2 small parts I would like to get 3d printed. Instead of using an internet solution (eg; shapeways, sculpteo, etc..) I was wondering if someone at I3 would be willing to do it (if possible).
The attached file is the .stl for it. If someone needs it in another format let me know. I'm worried about smoothness or cleanliness overall. Heck, if you want to increase material heigth to something large like .4 to make it print faster thats fine. I just need it in something similar strength to pla12 and 100% infill. If someone can do it and give me a price i'd appreciate it. Thank you!

<tinkericemount.stl>

Con Vuong

Nov 17, 2020, 9:58:05 AM11/17/20
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
It show's only 1mm height. I live near oakland mall if you want to pick it up near there. Of course I won't charge you either since it's so small.

Knox Valleskey

Nov 17, 2020, 10:13:17 AM11/17/20
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, its only 1mm height and i can easily be near oakland mall since I live in madison heights. I would greatly appreciate it.

Con Vuong

Nov 17, 2020, 10:24:39 AM11/17/20
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com

Ok. I'm just waiting on a phone call. I'll start it printing. Once I get the phone call I'll email here and can meet you anytime.

Con Vuong

Nov 17, 2020, 10:26:21 AM11/17/20
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
FYI it will be in black PETG Hatchbox brand since that's what's in the 3d printer atm.