Woodworking request

Bruce Webber

Jan 15, 2021, 6:05:28 PM1/15/21
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
A friend of mine, Radi Varbanov, sent me the following request:

I have a project that I think will take half a day or a day and was wondering if you know of an i3Detroit member that would like to do the work for pay.

I'm currently working on assembling a few beehives and need ~27 topbar wedges (~7" long) for the beehive frames. I will have the exact length soon.

The wedges could be created by cutting a triangle off of the corner of a 3/4” board and have a triangle that on its broadside is 1-1/16. A good example would be "chamfer molding" (see https://www.homedepot.com/p/Alexandria-Moulding-3-4-in-x-3-4-in-Pine-Chamfer-Strip-Moulding-0W995-200RLC/206844349 for an example) — I have been trying to find some chamfer molding but haven’t been able to find any in my local hardware stores.

I am unable to help Radi with this - I am no longer a member and don't have woodworking skills in any case. If someone is willing to help out, Radi would like to be at the space and observe, subject to the COVID-19 policy.

If you can help Radi with this project, please email him directly at apa...@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Bruce