Assistance with Remote Hack

Mike Litka

Mar 7, 2021, 7:10:53 PM3/7/21
to i3 Detroit Public
Hi i3 -

I am looking for assistance with hacking a remote like this:

It is a SEAV compatible 4 channel 433Mhz Rolling Code remote. I would like to wire it up to an ESPHome compatible device, so I can automate the button presses. I am not all that well versed in soldering or the wiring it would take to make this work. Since the remote uses a rolling code to encrypt the communication, I would think the buttons would need to get connected to the ESP pins for control after it was paired with the receiver.

For context, I have vent fan in my kitchen that uses this remote. They didn't offer a wall switch so I am concerned that I will eventually lose the remote. It would also be convenient to connect the unit to Home Assistant and leverage voice commands to control the fan.

I am willing to pay for your time and the parts required. If you are interested, please reach out to me.

Thanks,

Mike