New resin art workshop at i3! Resin 101: Intro to Epoxy Resin Painting

Emily Adelman

Dec 9, 2021, 12:22:42 AM12/9/21
to i3Detroi...@googlegroups.com, i3De...@googlegroups.com
Hey there, I wanted to let everyone know I will be holding epoxy resin workshops in December where you can create a unique piece of artwork (perfect for holiday gifting!) -  Resin 101: Intro to Epoxy Resin Painting &  Resin 102: Resin Geode Keychain/Jewelry/Mask Hanger Wall Decor. Please let me know if you have any questions, hope to see you there!

IMG_2916.JPG

Description

Resin 101: Intro to Epoxy Resin Painting

When: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 1-3 pm

Where: i3Detroit, Ferndale, MI

Who: 8 students max

Cost: $35/Student to cover material costs - tix can be bought at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/resin-101-intro-to-epoxy-resin-painting-tickets-220153995527

What:

The amazing, unique properties of epoxy resin offers an infinite number of combinations and outcomes when adding color to the resin. Mixing resin with various color mediums such as acrylic paint, inks, and pigment powder tend to create various ways in which the colored resins interact with each other on a canvas. The resin also allows for a multitude of layers to evolve as it cures, adding incredible depth to the painting.

Epoxy resin is an easy art form to try. Anyone can spend a couple of hours creating, having fun, meeting new people, and making art to hang on your wall or give as a unique gift to a loved one.

Attendees will learn various resin art techniques. The attendees will have a choice to create either one 11” x 14” canvas panel resin artwork or a set of four 4” diameter coasters. If attendees have a specific project in mind that they would like to work on instead of the 11 x 14 canvas, please bring to the workshop. Because the resin needs to cure at least 24 hours before being handled, the artwork created by attendees will need to be left overnight at i3 Detroit before being picked up to take home.

Please note that working with resin is very messy and can ruin clothing, please dress accordingly.

Workshop Demo Video:

https://youtu.be/7YJYE5K3dXA

image.png