Request for help: moving spinet piano (10 min drive to i3) week of Jan 15th

Boris Yakubchik

Jan 11, 2024, 10:38:19 AMJan 11
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Hello lovely people of i3,

My project is to transform a classical piano into a digital one by removing all the keys and inserting my electric piano instead.

request for help.jpg

I found a spinet piano (smallest of all pianos, see attached photo) on Facebook marketplace that is ≈ 10 minute drive from i3 but I can't transport it alone.

Date: some weekday 15th - 19th
Time: sometime around 5pm - 7pm

The help I need:

- car that can tow a trailer (2" hitch ball - i3 trailer: https://www.i3detroit.org/wiki/4x8_Utility_Trailer)
- load piano from house to trailer
- sign me in while I work on the project

If you may be available, please email me with a phone number and preferred time: I'll txt to coordinate and finalize any plans. If you can tow the trailer - you choose the day & time 🙇‍♂️

------------------
The fun after:

Join in any time if you're curious: the same day and the following day(s) I will be disassembling the piano, removing keys, mechanism, and possibly the strings as well, and fitting my Korg B2 keyboard and pedals into the body.

I am intending to use most of the keys for an addressable LED wall decoration (I already wrote the code for it three years ago: https://github.com/whyboris/Digital-Piano-LED)

I will likely leave out the metal cast frame with strings: I hope someone has interest in using it in their project for something ("every part of the buffalo"!).

I have already visited i3Detroit and am familiar with its layout, operation, and rules. I intend to become a member this coming year but didn't have enough time yet before the piano project. I'll take care of the appropriate trailer sign-out and return procedure as well as the Short Term Parking Permit for the piano.

I'd like to share a huge public thank you to Jody Raiford for showing me around i3, supporting me with parts of this piano project, and helping me with machining a mechanism for a custom bolt-action mechanical pencil 🙇‍♂️

Thank you for your time ♥

---
Boris Yakubchik
www.yboris.com

Matt Arnold

Jan 12, 2024, 9:12:27 AMJan 12
to i3 Detroit Public
That would probably fit in my cargo van, if you want to use that. I'll reach out off-list!