Looking for volunteer artists

Jennifer Nagle

May 13, 2024, 1:06:13 PMMay 13
to i3De...@googlegroups.com, i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks!

I need a couple artsy volunteers to help out at the annual Madison Heights hometown Arts & LGBTQ Pride Festival!

If you can run an arts demonstration or workshop of your choice, please let me know!

There are a couple activities I have supplies (more welcome) but no-one to run:
  • rainbow beads and fixings for bracelets and sparkly garden stakes
  • tie dye supplies, I've run this before but would like to step away now and again
ANY OTHER activities would be welcome, I'd love to have i3Detroit representation here!

DATE:
Sunday, June 23 @ 2 PM - 6 PM
Civic Center Park, Pavilion B
360 W 13 Mile Road, Madison Heights, MI 48071
No cost for entry, all welcome.

We're welcoming families with open arms, offering a cozy atmosphere filled with vibrant colors and creativity. Local artists showcase their talents through diverse exhibits, fostering a sense of community and acceptance. Rainbow flags flutter alongside whimsical decorations, creating a joyful ambiance where everyone feels celebrated and embraced. This smaller event is more ~sensory friendly~ than other community festivals, something that should appeal to our friends on the spectrum!

From music to interactive workshops, there's something for every age and interest, making it a cherished event for both locals and visitors alike. Bring a white t-shirt, bag, bandana, etc, for a special art activity that anyone can do! Natural fibers like cotton or linen work best.

Co-Sponsored by the Madison Heights HREC & Arts Board. Follow us for future events.

Jennifer Nagle

--
"History is who we are and why we are the way we are." --David McCullough
“The purpose of poetry is to remind us / how difficult it is to remain just one person..." ― Czesław Miłosz