Another resin art workshop at i3! Resin 102: Resin Geode Keychain/Jewelry/Mask Hanger Wall Décor

Emily Adelman

Dec 9, 2021, 12:22:42 AM12/9/21
to i3De...@googlegroups.com, i3Detroi...@googlegroups.com
Hey there, I wanted to let everyone know I will be holding epoxy resin workshops in December where you can create a unique piece of artwork (perfect for holiday gifting!) -  Resin 101: Intro to Epoxy Resin Painting &  Resin 102: Resin Geode Keychain/Jewelry/Mask Hanger Wall Decor. Please let me know if you have any questions, hope to see you there!

image.png

Description

Resin 102: Resin Geode Keychain/Jewelry/Mask Hanger Wall Decor

When: Saturday, December 18, 2021, 1-3 pm

Where: i3Detroit, Ferndale, MI

Who: 8 students max

Cost: $40/Student to cover material costs - tix can be bought at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/resin-102-resin-geode-keychainjewelrymask-hanger-wall-decor-tickets-220158529087

What:

Geodes are geological formations that contain colorful mineral matter inside. When the rocks are cracked or sliced open, their stunning crystals are revealed. Some people are passionate about searching for geodes in nature, but for a fun indoor project, you can create your own resin geode artwork.  Geode resin artwork is made from resin, crushed glass, quartz crystals, paint, glitter, and other mixed media supplies. The final result is to resemble an actual geode found in nature.

Attendees will learn various resin art techniques to replicate a geode that also functions as a wall mounted hanger for holding keychains, jewelry, face masks, and/or anything else that you can think of that will help keep your things organized. We will create a resin geode on a 11”x3”x0.5” wood board with pre-drilled holes for inserting three nickel plated hook screws (provided) after the resin has cured. Because the resin needs to cure at least 24 hours before being handled, the artwork created by attendees will need to be left overnight at i3 Detroit before being inserting the hook screws and taking home to hang on a wall. Removable wall mounting adhesives will also be provided.

Please note that working with resin is very messy and can ruin clothing, please dress accordingly.

image.png
image.png   image.png