Can these metal pool parts be manufactured

Bill Putt

Jul 2, 2022, 9:13:13 PM7/2/22
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,
   Got an odd question I am hoping someone who knows metal working can help with. I need to make about 4 of these bottom of of an above ground pool prieces shown in pictures.(no parts can't be gotten from manufacturer). I don't know if the metal bender could fold this small(.75 x .75) or if it could fit this length (4ft). Also don't know if i3 has one of the machines that will curve metal or if putting it through would just flatten the bends. If you know a way to make one, let me know. Last resort might be routing out a pieces of wood but I'd rather have metal.
IMG_20220702_210402635.jpg
IMG_20220702_210352277.jpg

Knox Valleskey

Jul 2, 2022, 9:17:14 PM7/2/22
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
I dont know what tools are specifically at i3, but that is do-able. You need a brake for the bends and you could do the curve either with heat or bending dies. Easier said than done if the tools aren't there.

On Sat, Jul 2, 2022, 9:13 PM Bill Putt <putt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey folks,
   Got an odd question I am hoping someone who knows metal working can help with. I need to make about 4 of these bottom of of an above ground pool prieces shown in pictures.(no parts can't be gotten from manufacturer). I don't know if the metal bender could fold this small(.75 x .75) or if it could fit this length (4ft). Also don't know if i3 has one of the machines that will curve metal or if putting it through would just flatten the bends. If you know a way to make one, let me know. Last resort might be routing out a pieces of wood but I'd rather have metal.

Thad Lucken

Jul 3, 2022, 2:40:19 PM7/3/22
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Does it have to be that shape or can you just use square tube? Field expedient isn't show room, but it's not dumb if it works... Cut some square tube that already exists then tack some of the scrap?

Raiford, Jody

Jul 3, 2022, 5:23:50 PM7/3/22
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps could you bring a sample in sometime? In person more ideas might evolve.

Bill Putt

Jul 4, 2022, 5:32:44 AM7/4/22
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Thad, not a bad idea actually. It has to be curved as it's a round pool and the slot needs to be in the right place for the wall to fit into and set into the bottom plates correctly.

Jody, would love to but I go into work at 6pm and will be out of town the next to weekends. Don't know if anyone can meet me during the day.

Raiford, Jody

Jul 4, 2022, 6:28:15 AM7/4/22
to i3detroi...@googlegroups.com
Sure. I'm available Friday afternoon. We can take measurements, figure out the material, and devise a plan.

Can't really tell from the picture, but it looks like you might be able to get away with a 1" square tube with a slot milled in that's then bent in a curve (or maybe bent first then milled). Tricky but not too hard. But that's assuming I'm imagining this right. That's why I'd like to see it up close and take measurements.