Error in the Cell's AJAX library

Chuck Bearden

Apr 2, 2014, 4:25:50 PM4/2/14
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have an i2b2 installation (1.608) that shows the error "An error has occurred in the Cell's AJAX library. Press F12 for more information" when I log in to some projects. My understanding is that these errors often indicate that a cell isn't working. Ontology, workbench, and project management all seem to work. The admin interface shows the File Repository cell, but I'm wondering if this cell is fully set up. Is there any way to tell by inspecting the contents of the jboss directory? Should there be any XML config files in server/default/deploy/, for instance?

There are no error or warning messages in the log file.

If it isn't the File Repository cell, what else might it be? I've been through the i2b2aug list and searched this group, but none of the other answers to this problem seem to fit here.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

Chuck Bearden

Apr 2, 2014, 5:36:14 PM4/2/14
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com
Just to clarify my question about the file repository: should I see files like 'edu.harvard.i2b2.fr.properties' or 'fr_application_directory.properties' somewhere in my jboss installation if the File Repository cell is enabled in the Admin interface? I see these in the source, and the instructions indicate that they should be modified, so I assume that they should show up in the installation, but I don't find them.

Thanks,
Chuck

Peter Beninato

Apr 3, 2014, 1:57:11 PM4/3/14
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Do you have FR setup under “Manage Cells” in the ADMIN web portal?

-Peter

Wei

Apr 15, 2014, 9:43:22 AM4/15/14
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com, beni...@ohsu.edu
Anybody solved this problem? I have been stuck here for quite a few days and found no solutions by Googling around.

Wei

Apr 15, 2014, 4:39:33 PM4/15/14
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com, beni...@ohsu.edu
Solved this problems. Caused by failure of schema creation during data install step.

Chuck Bearden

Apr 16, 2014, 2:57:22 PM4/16/14
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com, beni...@ohsu.edu
This is a little embarrassing: I can't get into the PM interface, and I need to figure out how to reset my password in the database. Not sure what the hashing algorithm is.

Mendis, Michael E.

Apr 16, 2014, 3:10:08 PM4/16/14
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com, beni...@ohsu.edu
Set it to
9117d59a69dc49807671a51f10ab7f

and the password will be demouser

dispose of the e-mail.

Joseph Applegate

Apr 23, 2014, 4:25:55 PM4/23/14
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com
I'm working with Chuck and we ultimately solved this problem the same way as Wei, by restoring schema tables that somehow got deleted from our install. (not sure when it happened, since we've been using the system otherwise without problems)
Specifically, the server error associated with this was:
bad SQL grammar [select distinct  c_key, c_name  from dbo.schemes order by c_name]; nested exception is com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Invalid object name 'dbo.schemes'.
Creating an empty dbo.schemes as:
C_KEY [varchar](50) NOT NULL,
C_NAME [varchar](50) NOT NULL,
C_DESCRIPTION [varchar](100) NULL,
stopped this error from popping up again.