Problem with i2b2 install

Daniel Popham

Mar 3, 2021, 9:27:24 AM3/3/21
to i2b2 Install Help

Hello,

We are moving our i2b2 installation to a new server and I am having an issue with logging into the web site. I'm able to access the i2b2 login page and enter a login and password. After I click the login button, the page waits about 3 minutes before showing the error message "The PM cell may be down or or the address in the properties file is incorrect."

I did do some debugging using Chrome’s developer tools to step through and add breakpoints to various places. It looked like it got hung up trying to find the project data information in i2b2. I tracked the code to where the projects variable did not have any data. I know there are several tables named PM_PROJECT_* related in the PM schema. In PM_PROJECT_DATA, I only have 3 projects: SHRINEACT, ACTProd, Demo. The one I’m interested in is ACTProd. Where else should this PROJECT_ID be set, if this is even the problem I should be looking at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel Popham
Duke Health

Bonnie Scott

Jun 7, 2022, 4:29:48 PM6/7/22
to i2b2 Install Help
I'm working on getting Dartmouth-Hitchcock/ Geisel School of medicine's  i2b2 and Shrine installation working and upgraded to Shrine 3.1.

I had the same problem, and found an answer that worked for us (on linux):
 I ran "sudo setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1" -- per https://community.i2b2.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=41746530

I also ran into tips about Oracle config problems causing this same symptom.
--
Bonnie Scott
Research CyberInfrastructure,