Re: Need help ASAP

Diane Keogh

Nov 28, 2020, 9:37:52 AM11/28/20
to Freddy Reetz, i2i2 install group
Can someone from the install group help?

> On Nov 28, 2020, at 12:44 PM, Freddy Reetz <fpre...@uic.edu> wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> I received this message: "As an "obfuscated user" you have exceeded the allowed query repeat and are now LOCKED OUT, please notify your system administrator."
>
> How do I work within i2b2 again?
>
> Thank you

Aaron Abend

Nov 28, 2020, 1:07:52 PM11/28/20
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com, Freddy Reetz
This is a quick guess - Try rebooting the i2b2 service - depending on how it's installed, it will be restarting the service (Windows) or killing and restarting the Wildfly service in whatever flavor of Unix you are in (and restarting with "standalone.sh 0.0.0.0/b " (this is from memory - please check documentation).

Mendis, Michael E.

Nov 28, 2020, 1:33:33 PM11/28/20
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com, Freddy Reetz

Freddy,

This is actually a feature, if a user is obfuscated, than they can only run the exact same query 7 times, can be configured for a different number.   The reason for this is a obfuscated user does not get the exact patient count, just a number that is +-3, (also configurable).   Running the same query a user could determine the real number.

Now for your real question, the best way to resolve is to make the user a aggregated user, thus they can get the real number, and could run that same question unlimited amounts of time.   If that is not possible, because of IRB rules, than they can run other queries, just not that one.

If you really want to keep the user a obfuscated and let then rerun this query, the only method is to delete from the DB, all of these queries for that user.   But keep in mind, after they run it 7 times again, it will present them with the same message.

-mike

From: i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com <i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 9:38 AM
To: Freddy Reetz <fpre...@uic.edu>, i2i2 install group <i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Need help ASAP

        External Email - Use Caution

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at http://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.