Preferred Linux Distro?

RobSchuff

Jul 11, 2023, 1:02:22 PM7/11/23
to i2b2 Install Help
Hello everyone. Is there a preferred Linux distro for running i2b2? I don't see in any of the docs or community pages mention of this. Has anyone found issues with RHEL Linux?

The only mention of distro that I found was a warning re: SE Linux.

Thanks so much!

Mendis, Michael E.

Jul 11, 2023, 2:08:51 PM7/11/23
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com

The following linuxes works fine:

                RedHat

                Ubuntu

                Centos (7)

We are testing the following, currently have not found any issues

                Rocky Linux

-mike

From: i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com <i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of RobSchuff <robs...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2023 at 1:02 PM
To: i2b2 Install Help <i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Preferred Linux Distro?

        External Email - Use Caution

Hello everyone. Is there a preferred Linux distro for running i2b2? I don't see in any of the docs or community pages mention of this. Has anyone found issues with RHEL Linux?

The only mention of distro that I found was a warning re: SE Linux.

Thanks so much!

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed.  If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at https://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/complianceline .

Please note that this e-mail is not secure (encrypted).  If you do not wish to continue communication over unencrypted e-mail, please notify the sender of this message immediately.  Continuing to send or respond to e-mail after receiving this message means you understand and accept this risk and wish to continue to communicate over unencrypted e-mail.

RobSchuff

Jul 11, 2023, 3:26:42 PM7/11/23
to i2b2 Install Help
Thanks Mike! super helpful. Could you offer a comment on the roadmap for Windows/IIS support? I presume this combo is more of a second level support, coorrect?

Mendis, Michael E.

Jul 11, 2023, 5:33:31 PM7/11/23
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com
We do support windows server with iis.

Mendis, Michael E.

Jul 11, 2023, 5:39:06 PM7/11/23
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com

mabaj...@mac.com

Jul 11, 2023, 8:12:19 PM7/11/23
to i2b2 Install Help
Hi, Mike,

I think that Rob Schuff and others in the community are curious specifically about the support for SAML authentication in your web client when hosted on IIS. Does your documentation cover that? Jeff Klann seemed to imply that SAML was not fully tested on IIS yet. That information was shared in a prior thread.

Kind regards,

Mark Abajian

mabaj...@mac.com

Jul 11, 2023, 8:14:42 PM7/11/23
to i2b2 Install Help
Hello, Rob,

I'm aware of an institution that is successfully running i2b2 1.7.12a on Wildfly 10 on RHEL 8. Unaware of any issues.

Wishing you all the best.

Kind regards,

Mark Abajian

Jeff Klann

Jul 17, 2023, 12:13:02 PM7/17/23
to i2b2 Install Help
FYI I just added the operating system info to a page on the wiki so we have an official record: https://community.i2b2.org/wiki/display/getstarted/2.3.1+Operating+System+Requirements

Jack Chang

Feb 21, 2024, 7:05:27 PMFeb 21
to i2b2 Install Help
Hi Jeff,

End of Life for RedHat 7 (RHEL7) is 6/30/2024. Is i2b2 supported on RHEL 9?

Thanks
Jack