Difference between folder / container for modifiers

Andreas Unterkircher

Aug 31, 2021, 7:45:57 AMAug 31
to i2b2 Install Help
Hello,

We notice that an element of visualattribute "OA" must be contained in an element of type "FA" somewhere higher in the hierarchy.  If this is not the case one cannot drag the element into a group. In particular we saw this problem because our "OA" was contained in a "CA"  and thus was not draggable, only after having changed to "FA" we could again drag the element,

I wonder what is the rationale behind the above rule? In the context of modifiers what's the difference between a folder and a container?

Here's the javascript code snippet implementing this behaviour:

var data = sdxConcept.origData;
while (hasContainer || !Object.isUndefined(data.parent))
{
if ((data.hasChildren == "OAE") || (data.hasChildren == "OA"))
{
hasContainer = true;

var realdata = sdxConcept.origData;
while ((realdata.hasChildren != "FA") &&
(realdata.hasChildren != "FAE"))

{
realdata  = realdata.parent;
}

Thanks for any advice!
Andreas

Phillips, Lori C.

Aug 31, 2021, 9:18:42 AMAug 31
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com

OA signifies an active modifier.  A modifier must be associated with a draggable concept in order for it to be draggable.