MariaDB/MySQL backend for i2b2?

mabaj...@mac.com

Feb 15, 2024, 2:08:45 PMFeb 15
to i2b2 Install Help
Hello!

MariaDB and MySQL are not officially supported by i2b2 as the backend for the i2b2 Core. I'd like to use MariaDB for a non-production i2b2. So I'm asking the i2b2 Community...

Is anybody successfully running i2b2 on MariaDB/MySQL?

If so, what changes did you have to make to the i2b2-data and/or i2b2-core software? What versions of i2b2 and MariaDB/MySQL are you using? Are you using this in your Production environment?

If you tried to use MariaDB/MySQL, but it was failing to work, why did it fail? What versions of i2b2 and MariaDB/MySQL were you using?

Thank you!

Mark Abajian

Kavishwar Wagholikar

Feb 16, 2024, 12:08:53 AMFeb 16
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,
Have you considered postgresql?
Thanks,
kavi

mabaj...@mac.com

Feb 16, 2024, 6:06:34 PMFeb 16
to i2b2 Install Help
Hi, Kavi,

Yes, PostgreSQL is absolutely an option. If there is no extant solution for MariaDB/MySQL on i2b2, then I will go with one of the officially supported options. (I have a MySQL server running already, so I am trying to piggy-back onto that for this i2b2 development environment.)  Thank you!

Mark