Run i2b2 code in Eclipse

Sandeep Sahu

Apr 23, 2024, 10:34:47 AMApr 23
to i2b2 Install Help
Good morning,

We are trying to set up and run the i2b2 server code in Eclipse. We cloned the code from the git repository and imported it into Eclipse. After doing the Ant build, we can resolve the compiler errors in Eclipse.

Now, we are wondering how to run/debug the Axis web service from Eclipse. We would appreciate any guidance on how to proceed.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Vaibhav Talap

May 6, 2024, 2:30:49 PMMay 6
to i2b2 Install Help
Hello,

I apologize for the delayed response.
We are currently investigating this. Please let us know if you are working on a Linux or Windows operating system.
We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Persistent Systems Support Team

Sandeep Sahu

May 7, 2024, 5:55:16 AMMay 7
to i2b2-ins...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Vaibhav for your response. I am setting up i2b2 code on macOS - MacBook Pro (M1 chip).

We could resolve the compilation errors in Eclipse but got an unsupported Java class version error in the WildFly log when i2b2.war was deployed. Please note that this error comes only when the war file is created from Eclipse using Ant. We are able to build and deploy i2b2.war using Ant from the command line.

Both Java 8 and 17 are installed on the machine running the Eclipse and Ant build. It looks like Ant build in Eclipse chose Java 17 instead of Java 8. This is despite setting JAVA_HOME to Java 8.

Following are the steps that we took to build and deploy from Eclipse:

  1. Download WildFly 17 and start it.
  2. Run build.xml as Ant build in Eclipse with the following targets selected - clean, dist, war, copy_jdbc_jar, deploy_war.

The above steps caused multiple unsupported Java version errors in the WildFly log. Below is one example:

12:58:53,911 INFO  [org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 163) org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: edu/harvard/i2b2/ontology/ws/OntologyService has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 61.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

Best,
Sandeep

Vaibhav Talap

May 13, 2024, 8:55:10 AMMay 13
to i2b2 Install Help
Hello Sandeep,

Thanks for the update. Generally, we prefer to build and deploy i2b2.war using Ant from the cmd line or terminal.
We are replicating your issue in our system if we found anything we will let you know asap.

Thanks,
Persistent System support team