Translate friendly_id in path

thies

Oct 8, 2010, 7:33:53 AM10/8/10
to I18n Routing
Hi,

I'm using friendly_id (http://github.com/norman/friendly_id) and would
like to translate the string-id's in the path with I18n Routing.

For example, I have a category-model with the (friendly_) id's
"computer", "garden", etc.

.../category/computer
.../category/garden

These Id's I would like to have translated in the url for the
different languages.
Probably there is a very easy solution :)

Thanks for your help,
Thies

Guillaume Luccisano

Oct 11, 2010, 2:37:34 AM10/11/10
to i18n-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As this is not part of core url generation, you will need to translate yourself these words with the I18n gem, I don't know how works friendly_id but i18n_routing has nothing to do with these translations, maybe you can mail the author of friendly_id to ask him about that.

Thanks,
Guillaume

thies

Oct 11, 2010, 5:52:53 AM10/11/10
to I18n Routing
Hi Guillaume,

thank you very much for your response. I thought there could be a
(even not very clean) solution using the routes scope of i18n_routing
to translate the ids (defining every single id under the routes
scope). Friendly_id unfortunately doesn't support I18n by now.

Thank you,
Thies