Hystrix Notification sans Circuit Breaker

Mohankumar .S

Oct 10, 2018, 2:05:00 AM10/10/18
to HystrixOSS
Hi,
In my Organization we are planning to use Hystrix, however one of the requirements that we have from the Architecture/Network team is to customize Hystrix such that when the error threshold is met instead of opening the circuit only a notification has to be performed.
In other words, the idea here is to use Hystrix to identify the point at which the system has reached the bad state and notify the Operations team so that they can take the required action.
Is this possible with Hystrix?
I know Hystrix provides certain metrics around circuit breaker, but I don't think there is a hook provided to override/customize the circuit breaker. Appreciate if I can get help on this.

Bin Shen

Oct 10, 2018, 4:47:27 AM10/10/18
to HystrixOSS
Hi,

i am afraid you have to drill deeper.

one of my requirements was to open circuit not only by error rate but also by error count. this leads to my fork of own customization at https://github.com/benjamin-bin-shen/Hystrix/releases/tag/v1.5.13-c. yr requirements is not much different, i.e. skipping the opening circuit code when the condition is fulfilled, approximately at the place.

BRs, Bin