I'm new here but "old" to Hypo, and I'm using it "in the wild"

Hakarlfresser

Jan 12, 2022, 11:56:16 AM1/12/22
to Hypothes.is Forum
... meaning I'm not within any form of an LMS. I've beaten the drum for some time about the use of Hypo. outside of an LMS environment (e.g., I edit and give gratis feedback on PDF articles posted to Academia.com, etc.). Anyone out there who's also "adrift" in this non-remunerative (from Hypo's point of view) area who also finds Hypo. a worthwhile aid in their individual endeavors?  Maybe we could/should form a separate thread for Hypo. users outside of the LMS world?

And I'll explain my weird handle to you in the process...hint: it's because I thought Hypothes.is was actually Iceland-based... ;)

J.

mdiro...@hypothes.is

Jan 12, 2022, 1:21:01 PM1/12/22
to Hypothes.is Forum

Hi there! I hope this kicks up a discussion for you in our forum. I wanted to let you know that if you don't see the community discussions here you want you might want to check out our directions for joining our public Slack on this page. I definitely see more of a mix of tech support questions and community announcements in that space.

Best,
Michael

Chris Aldrich

Jan 14, 2022, 12:32:42 AM1/14/22
to Hypothes.is Forum
Hakarlfresser, There are definitely a bunch of us (non-LMSers) floating around who you'll slowly see in the margins. It may take some time and effort to find your tribe, but it's doable. I think the biggest group I've run across was as a result of iAnnotate 2021, and in particular the note taking session: https://iannotate.org/2021/program/panel_font.html. Looking at the annotations on the iAnnotate site will uncover a few of us. If it helps, I list a few of the feeds of others that I'm following here: https://boffosocko.com/about/following/#Hypothesis%20Feeds

Best,
Chris