Search only shows up to Page 50

A N

Mar 3, 2024, 8:11:07 PMMar 3
to Hypothes.is Forum
When you browse annotations, any page of search results after 50 just shows the 50th page.
This is an issue I raised previously (a long time ago) and was able to be replicated albeit in a ticket.

Robert Knight

Mar 4, 2024, 4:59:47 AMMar 4
to A N, Hypothes.is Forum
Hello,

This is unfortunately a known issue. It arises from a constraint that the underlying search engine only allows the first 10,000 results to be fetched from a given start point. Each page shows 200 annotations, 200 * 50 = 10,000. There are some ways we can work around this, but it hasn't been a high priority in recent times.

Kind regards,
Robert.

(For developers reading this, see references to `OFFSET_MAX` in the Hypothesis server code)