LMS grading: point values

Aaron Cowan

Aug 31, 2021, 10:15:42 AM8/31/21
to Hypothes.is Forum

Another Hypothesis LMS question here:  In D2L, when I create a Hypothesis assignment, it gives me the option to enter a grade within the assginment, which is very convenient.  However, it seems to default to grading on a 0-10 point scale, and I can't find any setting that allows for changing this.  Is this possible, either through the Hypothesis settings or in my LMS course settings?

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 10.14.05 AM.png

Matt Dricker

Aug 31, 2021, 12:53:39 PM8/31/21
to Hypothes.is Forum
Hi Aaron,

Unfortunately, the 0 - 10 scale is imposed by the LTI standard on external tools, and isn't something we can adjust.

As an instructor, this means that you would need to think about the grade point as a percentage from 0% to 100%, e.g. 9 = 90%, 7.5 = 75%, etc.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Matt

Matt Dricker (he/him)
Customer Support Engineer, Hypothesis