Moving annotations to different group

A N

Feb 20, 2024, 4:24:44 AMFeb 20
to Hypothes.is Forum
Is it possible to move annotations out of a group instead of deleting them? (I accidentally kept annotating in a shared group and making comments that are supposed to be private. Somewhat awkward as they were a tutoring client.)
Thanks.

mdiro...@hypothes.is

Feb 20, 2024, 7:58:01 AMFeb 20
to Hypothes.is Forum
Hi there,

Your best bet is to use our Import/Export feature to export your annotations from the shared group and import them into the private group. You can then delete the original annotations in the shared group.

There's no way, at this time, to move annotations from one group to another.

Best,
Michael

Message has been deleted

A N

Feb 20, 2024, 10:00:17 PMFeb 20
to Hypothes.is Forum
Thank you, that's good for future reference
The good news is that it turns out I was only posting to myself within that group so they couldn't have seen the annotations.
It seems that only highlighting as opposed to annotating posts to yourself without the chance to post in a shared manner. To share a highlight with the group I need to annotate instead, and leave say a single space as a comment, in order to activate the option to choose between posting to myself or to the group.
Is there a way to share highlights only with the group?

mdiro...@hypothes.is

Feb 21, 2024, 8:00:20 AMFeb 21
to Hypothes.is Forum
Hi there,

No, Highlights are always private. You could consider adding a tag instead of text to your annotations. If you're categorizing your highlights (in the same way you'd use different colors for different concepts when physically highlighting) using tags this will be enough to make the Highlights into visible annotations.

Best,
Michael